ElGordo

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Turismo (2)
Country flag
Same issue - except I picked up 2 Turismo's last week at the same time so they can't escape getting me an answer (or blaming it on the software release version on either of my cellphones (ATT & Verizon)).

One car is clearly faulty. (800 # support folks at Porsche should be paying me for insight at this point!!! Exceptionally inefficient and emotionally draining to have to say "NO MY CAR IS NOT IN AN UNDERGROUND GARAGE" for the 3rd time!!!)

Dealer has the faulty car and already seems to have resolved charging failing as an issue due to faulty power inverter. Their next step is to resolve the communications issue. The dealer is trying at least! I will report back if they come up with a solution for the communications side of the puzzle.

Related perhaps - the faulty car also has the false interior car alarm triggering but that may be a known issue.

Trifecta

I am beginning to wonder if parts constraints have them pushing out faulty components?
Sponsored

AntBW

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Man this sure sounds like a bad comm box?

BTW, in respect which app to use - official notice to stop using the old apps as all are now consolidated into MyPorsche (despite it being not quite 100%)!

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.12.51 PM.png
Thanks for the reply, using the new MyPorsche app (going to delete and reinstall). Will update if / when we find a fix.

OP
OP

Hami

First Name
Hamid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can see my other details on the Porsche web site, nothing about car access functionality. I was messing around and i deleted my account to see if I can reload the account. I now just get the repeated error that I can not log in at this time! Which basically ended my access to Apple car play which was working fine before. Perhaps I should stop tinkering!

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I too have this problem:

Hami said:
Remote access authorization

Primary user
remote access authorization is required to use vehicle-related services
Grant remote access authorization in the PCM depending on your vehicle
Enter you pairing code 90969572. "SET"> "Porsche Connect"

Going into the PCM I can't find anywhere to allow remote access authorisation, nor where to enter the pairing code (mine obvs is different). I have privacy mode inactivated and I also log in without a code. My LTE connection is sometimes a bit flaky in my garage, although the Connect app works. Has anyone managed to work this out? I did read (somewhere) that you need to delete the old Connect app, but I'm unwilling to do that in case I lose access altogether

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It has been two weeks for me without a PCM connection. Dealer unable to resolve and has elevated to the factory for assistance.
Here is what I do know:
  1. Porsche Server or the Backend thinks the car is in Privacy Mode. This was confirmed by Porsche Connect Customer Support
  2. Car is not in Privacy Mode. Privacy is inactive. It has been checked and unchecked - No joy. PCM was reset - No joy.
  3. No LTE connection as a result of being stuck in Privacy mode. Icon on PCM has a slash through it.
  4. OTA module not throwing any codes
  5. SIM card not throwing any codes
If and when there is a discernable fix, I will report back. Somehow, I think what will occur is that they will reset from Backend and it will jus start working again.
If the car shows no LTE connection, it can not update any information to the servers. Do you have Internet radio workin? Apple Music from the PCM? Or does any traffic information show up?

I suspect your LTE module is the culprit. Privacy mode or not should not matter for LTE connection.

Check to see if you have any connection at all from the PCM?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I just checked on my car and will include some photos below. If the functions are the same in US as here it may help you.

You are correct that no Connect Services will work in Privacy mode. But the LTE symbol should still be active. LTE is used for some emergency features like the emergency call button and also transmitting GPS info in emergency. No other Connect services should show up.

If your car is in privacy mode there is a shield symbol beside the LTE letters.

I think there is a mix up when you say that Waze is working, I guess that is working through AppleCarplay??

Hera are my settings.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect NO connection for 2 weeks+ EC499641-59E4-4C07-9E23-203AEC089ED1

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect NO connection for 2 weeks+ 8162DF24-6EDA-47CC-A8AC-4473B164C776
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect NO connection for 2 weeks+ E2246C3C-C048-488B-AEFD-F20BAF6FC1A3
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect NO connection for 2 weeks+ B6354040-91A7-4B8E-BF81-48E9E114F60B

It is not quite clear in my photos, but if Privacy mode is active the symbols for Internet radio and AppleMusic are greyed out. The Shield beside the LTE symbol shows that Privacy mode is active.

if it is inactive the symbol changes to a type of positioning arrow.

If your LTE symbols are crossed out I think the car has lost LTE connection for Connect services!

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't recall having to pair to Porsche Connect - however I am still using the "old" App.
Maybe someone who has successfully paired with the new My Porsche app can comment
No pairing. I use either app interchangeably.

Try disconnecting your 12v battery for a minute or so (< 5 mins) to force a hard reboot.

Try using the other key if you have one and have also configured a secondary Porsche Connect ID.
Sponsored