2025 Taycan prices

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I see the wisdom in your argument. In fact, I have found a 2024 GTS on the lot that is loaded to the gills with options. It is listed at the same price as MSRP for the 2025 4S I configured. I could be happy with this car. I am retired so range is not a big deal to me. This is a fun car and I have a charger at home. Stay tuned. I am going to meet with the sales guy. If I can get a good discount, there may be a deal here.

https://www.porschetampa.com/inventory/new-2024-porsche-taycan-gts-awd-4dr-car-wp0ad2y1xrsa47929/
If this car checks all your boxes and you can get a great deal on it, go for it. MY 2025 is too new to get amazing deals on, it has a higher MSRP, plus typically if you are doing a custom order you are not going to get the same discount as a stock car that's been sitting on the lot for a while. Personally, if it was me shopping right now, I'd go 2024 if I found one with all the options I want, get a great deal on it. 2025 has a few advantages, but nothing earth shattering (at least for me), but it carries a price premium (both in less discounts as well as higher MSRP).

I have a 2023 so might be a little but biased, but was thinking to myself, if my car was totaled, would I buy a new 2025 or a new 2024 and my answer still stands, as long as I could find a great deal on 2024 with all the options I want, that would be the car I would replace it with. I also prefer no powered charge port (and therefore no fake vents) but that's probably just me.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lol. Would you feel better if you knew that everyone pays 10% less a week after you paid full price? Because that’s exactly the Tesla strategy.

If someone manages to get a better deal, kudos to them. With cars, that’s easy to accept - it was your decision (to buy or not, what to pay etc.); not so easy in other aspects of life.
It's always your decision, with Tesla as much as with Porsche. The difference is Tesla adjusts their prices in the open, while the traditional automakers do it under the hood via incentives, rebates, etc.

Why would I feel bad about everyone else paying 10% less a week after I bought? Do you trade stocks? It happens all the time. At the time of the transaction you agree to pay a set amount for a specific good. Would you feel bad if the price of the car you bough went up 10% and would insist to pay the difference to the dealer?

I sometimes get a kick listening to people who feel happy that their company stock dropped after they sold their ESPP/RSU/grants. It is completely illogical. If they have no more unvested stocks, who cares if it dropped. If they do have unvested stocks, the price dropping is actually hurting their bottom line but they somehow still feel good about it. The inverse is also true - if they sell the stock and its price goes up, they feel bad, even though their unvested stock value climbs. People are so illogical.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
It's always your decision, with Tesla as much as with Porsche. The difference is Tesla adjusts their prices in the open, while the traditional automakers do it under the hood via incentives, rebates, etc.
I think I was arguing the same point - one makes their decision, and pays the price/bears the consequences - no point in whining about someone else’s deal.

I went a bit “meta” at the end, as there are other situations - not related to car, stock or other discretionary purchases - where perhaps life (or people) deals unfairly.

Archon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan GTS - BMW E92 M3
Country flag
Thank you very much Sergey. That was incredibly kind of you. I agree. Not required. There are more than enough options to compensate for it. The chalk body is gorgeous. Black and burgundy interior is lust worthy. The seats fit my 5'9" body like a glove.

To cut to the chase, I closed a lease on the 2024 GTS. The deal was too good to refuse. Cap cost was 12% off of MSRP. They bought my Model S for a value that was only a few thousand less than the sell price of several Plaids listed on Autotrader. Got $17K in lease rebates. It's a 39 month lease but it has provisions for me to get out at 24 if I want to get out. The car had Goodrich tires so I got them to throw in a fresh set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's and....all weather rubber mats. I drove the car and after that event they could have offered me anything and I would have agreed. Sooooo different than the Plaid. Acceleration on the freeway on ramp was all I will ever need.. Just a joy to handle.

Thanks to all for the assist. I won't miss anything the new 2025 has to offer.

Cincy
You’re welcome, enjoy that sweet ride!

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag

Why would I feel bad about everyone else paying 10% less a week after I bought? Do you trade stocks? It happens all the time. At the time of the transaction you agree to pay a set amount for a specific good. Would you feel bad if the price of the car you bough went up 10% and would insist to pay the difference to the dealer?

I sometimes get a kick listening to people who feel happy that their company stock dropped after they sold their ESPP/RSU/grants. It is completely illogical. If they have no more unvested stocks, who cares if it dropped. If they do have unvested stocks, the price dropping is actually hurting their bottom line but they somehow still feel good about it. The inverse is also true - if they sell the stock and its price goes up, they feel bad, even though their unvested stock value climbs. People are so illogical.
Very true , based on data we do have these cars are worth less every day that goes by , so technically if your buddy bought new one last month, you should pay less today

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very true , based on data we do have these cars are worth less every day that goes by , so technically if your buddy bought new one last month, you should pay less today
Worth is ALWAYS relative “to whom”. Generally cars are never an investment (i.e. they continue to depreciate). However, keep in mind there are also other factors such as inflation, demand changes (celebrity endorsement, media hype, lack or competing product availability, different season - e.g. sport cars sell for more in the summer), production or supply chain constraints (pandemics, natural disasters, union strikes, wars, government regulations, competition for materials), varying taxes, government incentives, etc.

So if you your buddy bought a car today, you might pay the same, might pay more, or might pay less next month - depending on a lot of factors.

Briguy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s, Panamera gts
Country flag
I'm going to move from a Tesla S Plaid to the new model 2025 Taycan. Tesla of course, never negotiated prices (I've had three Model S's, a Model 3 and a Model Y). What can I expect from the average Porsche dealer if I ask for 10-15% discount from MSRP if I spec a car and order it? If you have recent experience in negotiating a Taycan price, please weigh in. All comments appreciated.

Cincy2
I'm going to move from a Tesla S Plaid to the new model 2025 Taycan. Tesla of course, never negotiated prices (I've had three Model S's, a Model 3 and a Model Y). What can I expect from the average Porsche dealer if I ask for 10-15% discount from MSRP if I spec a car and order it? If you have recent experience in negotiating a Taycan price, please weigh in. All comments appreciated.

Cincy2
good luck with the ask. Im a long time Porsche owner and have purchased many cars from the dealer that I work with. i recently ordered the new 4s ct and got a 2% discount.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I'm going to move from a Tesla S Plaid to the new model 2025 Taycan... What can I expect from the average Porsche dealer if I ask for 10-15% discount from MSRP...
good luck with the ask. Im a long time Porsche owner and have purchased many cars from the dealer that I work with. i recently ordered the new 4s ct and got a 2% discount.
@Briguy, OP ended up going with a Taycan GTS instead of a 2025 model :)
Sponsored