Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
2025 Taycan is revealed and everybody seems to either be all gushy-gushy or horribly depressed because their car stopped having any value.

But…

What’s missing? What were you looking for that Porsche didn’t deliver on?

We need to start complaining now so Porsche has time to fix it on the next one.

I was hoping for heated/cooled cupholders. Maybe massaging too. IDK. Maybe my drink had a hard day and needs a shiatsu.

Or maybe high speed reverse. The motor/gearbox should be able to go backwards just as fast as forwards. Why can’t we back into parking spaces at 160mph? Stop nannying us, Porsche.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a bit early to tell, but I don’t think MY25 has brought better resistance to depreciation.
…so you’re saying I shouldn’t move a large percentage of my portfolio into Taycans?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
They've definitely blasted through all of my expectations for a refresh like this, but I think there is still quite a lot of room for improvement.

The software seems to still be the achilles heel of Porsche. The fact that the Taycan doesn't seem to be getting the Android Automotive based PCM is actually a bit disappointing. Same with the AR HUD.

CarKey support or even a proprietary software based key replacement like Tesla would be great. It feels really silly to still have to carry around a physical key in your pocket. CarKey would be significantly more convenient and more secure.

Similarly, walk away locking.

Integrated dashcam would be nice. The car has a gazillion cameras, but none of them can be used to record video.

The whole design of the boot of the CT/ST is straight up worse than a ten year old Passat. There's no button in the boot to fold the seats, so you have to go around and manually fold down them down. There's also no integrated luggage net so you have to manually anchor it in place. I've also yet to find a solution how to do this other than to physically crawl into the boot like a caveman and struggle with the attachment points.

In-car graphics that matches the actual configuration, or at least the colour.

Setting to enable one pedal driving. Yeah I get it, cruising is better, but it's still really nice in stop-and-go traffic.

Tow hook. The Macan got one, why can't we?

Just redesign the centre console monstrosity already. Preferably with a hatch that stays open and a QI charger on top.

A flat floor? Yes, I know the reason for it, but at some point when technology progresses, I could definitely accept sacrificing some battery capacity for a flat floor like most other EVs. The range of the new Taycan seems to be pretty much perfect in my book.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Off the top of my head:
  1. Lose the ON/OFF button, there is absolutely no need for it in an EV. Work out a seamless user experience without it (copy from Tesla if you cannot come up with anything better)
  2. Quad motors, lose the transmission
  3. Real time connection from phone app to car, none of this “digital twin in the cloud” bullshit.
  4. Better charging interface in the car
  5. Lose pointless (to a driver) “map has been updated” notifications.
  6. Give a history or all system warnings, so if I get one in the middle of driving and didn’t catch it in time, I should be able to go to the history and find out what the beeping was all about.
  7. Stop removing notifications before they are read. I keep getting “you have a new notification “ and when I click display, they are gone. Occasionally I go to Updates and find one, so presumably that was the notification?
  8. Physical HVAC vents
  9. Amber blinkers on rear in NA
  10. AR HUD with matrix headlights displaying arrows and such on the road
  11. Matrix functionality enabled in NA and available at all speeds
  12. 100W PD USB-C plugs instead if 7.5W non PD
  13. USB power by mirror and top of rear window, ideally both switched and unswitched
  14. Larger PCM screen
  15. Better backup camera
  16. Built in surround dashcam functionality
  17. Powered charge port which doesn’t block aerodynamics
I’m sure there are more, but it’s a start.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
…so you’re saying I shouldn’t move a large percentage of my portfolio into Taycans?
I think everyone should stock up on $20 Taycans, or $40 if you’re in a hot market.

I should add, though, I may not be a great source for advice on stocks; so far my stock of Taycans numbers exactly one, and I foolishly paid a lot more for it.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
2025 Taycan is revealed and everybody seems to either be all gushy-gushy or horribly depressed because their car stopped having any value.

But…

What’s missing? What were you looking for that Porsche didn’t deliver on?

We need to start complaining now so Porsche has time to fix it on the next one.

I was hoping for heated/cooled cupholders. Maybe massaging too. IDK. Maybe my drink had a hard day and needs a shiatsu.

Or maybe high speed reverse. The motor/gearbox should be able to go backwards just as fast as forwards. Why can’t we back into parking spaces at 160mph? Stop nannying us, Porsche.
stop drinking and you won;t miss anything

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Off the top of my head:
  1. Lose the ON/OFF button, there is absolutely no need for it in an EV. Work out a seamless user experience without it (copy from Tesla if you cannot come up with anything better)
  3. Real time connection from phone app to car, none of this “digital twin in the cloud” bullshit.
  6. Give a history or all system warnings, so if I get one in the middle of driving and didn’t catch it in time, I should be able to go to the history and find out what the beeping was all about.
  7. Stop removing notifications before they are read. I keep getting “you have a new notification “ and when I click display, they are gone. Occasionally I go to Updates and find one, so presumably that was the notification?
  8. Physical HVAC vents
  13. USB power by mirror and top of rear window, ideally both switched and unswitched
  14. Larger PCM screen
  15. Better backup camera
I hope the new Taycan will allow fresh air in the cabin with AC off. I'll continue to roll down the windows.....

ExTesla Driver

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
Off the top of my head:
  8. Physical HVAC vents
  14. Larger PCM screen
  15. Better backup camera
You seem to be an ex-Tesla owner 😁 I agree with some of the points. Particularly 1 and point 15 and it has to be mounted on the boot lid so it does not get dirty with 2.8mm lens as the current one is so confusing.

ExTesla Driver

First Name
Naveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
I thought I should have waited for the refresh model, however after seeing it I think the current one is far better looking and 8K cheaper. The Interior hardly changed only the front of the car has changed and made it look a bit boring.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lose the ON/OFF button, there is absolutely no need for it in an EV. Work out a seamless user experience without it (copy from Tesla if you cannot come up with anything better)
I like the off/on button. Really, it’s more of an “off” button in practice. I don’t think I’ve ever once turned the car on with it. It always turns itself on when I enter. And I like being in control of when it turns off.

But I agree with the rest of your list.

I’m not sure I’d prioritize any of it over massaging cupholders, but to each their own.

OP
OP
Jhenson29

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A half decent reverse camera.
Woah there…I don’t want to set the bar too high. Let’s ask for quarter-decent and be ready to settle for an eighth.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Vehicle to grid capabilities so my Taycan can power my beach cabin when the power goes out! Operable sun roof too, but I know that's a long shot. ;)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Looked everywhere in the details for the new Taycan, but still can't find what I want to know.

No mention in the Press pack etc, which seems to focus more on range and performance etc.
Which is all fine, but the elephant in the room......

Has the armrest got a better hinge?
Sponsored