Air pump for tire top off?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S - 2017 718 Cayman S
Country flag
So..I searched for this but maybe the question is just too dumb to be posted.

I am not near my car right now, but I seem to recall there's a air pump/small compressor to inflate tires that is in the frunk. I have a Canadian model.

I switched to the summer tires and they are low pressure. Can I just use the air pump that comes with the car to top off the missing pressure? Is the pump pretty self-evident on how to use it?

Thanks!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So..I searched for this but maybe the question is just too dumb to be posted.

I am not near my car right now, but I seem to recall there's a air pump/small compressor to inflate tires that is in the frunk. I have a Canadian model.

I switched to the summer tires and they are low pressure. Can I just use the air pump that comes with the car to top off the missing pressure? Is the pump pretty self-evident on how to use it?

Thanks!
That’s what it's for.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I bought a basic air compressor with tire inflator attachment a few years back, replacing my Craftsman that finally died after nearly 30 years of service. I keep it in the garage and it makes adding air a breeze (pun) every couple of weeks if needed. Also invest in a good electronic or dial pressure gauge. They are inexpensive but super valuable to keep around.

My two cents

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S - 2017 718 Cayman S
Country flag
so just in case someone searches for the same thing, the air compressor works great. Yes, it's a little loud, but it works great, screws well into the valve, takes a few minutes to top off and you're good to go! Did all four tires in about 5-10 minutes

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
I have had and still have a few ViAirs, though the particular model I have is no longer for sale (90P I think). Mine all power off 12V cig lighter outlets, so I use a 120-to-12V supply off Amazon for use in the garage so I don’t have to have the ignition on to use it. Mine look similar to the newer ones but don’t have the nice handle. It also has a screw on hose, not clip on. The gauge is not accurate, which seems to be pretty typical for these devices, but the little thing zips into a bag that fits into the hidden trunk cubbies of every car I’ve had in the last 15-20 years. Just put a small gauge that you trust into the bag along with it.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
I have the GarageSmart AirDrop and am very happy with it. Mounts on the ceiling and pairs with a phone app. I have presets in the app for my wife's car, my CT4's winter and summer wheel sets and our bikes. Like most consumer level compressors, the gauge is not very accurate. I have a Jaco ElitePro pressure gauge. I pump a couple of PSI over target and then use the gauge to release air down to the desired pressure.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Or a floor bicycle pump works great too :cool: