JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you weigh 150 lbs., live in Denver and have 19 inch tires you are.

Or perhaps you are wondering if I get that gym membership and lose 50 lbs., how much will I save if I drive my Taycan 20,000 miles per year. For my area that would be $2.06 if I charge off peak and $4.39 if I charge on peak.

Here are the details.

Porsche Taycan Are You a Range King? 300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_1

Porsche Taycan Are You a Range King? 300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_2

Porsche Taycan Are You a Range King? 300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_3

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag

Or perhaps you are wondering if I get that gym membership and lose 50 lbs., how much will I save if I drive my Taycan 20,000 miles per year. For my area that would be $2.06 if I charge off peak and $4.39 if I charge on peak.

Here are the details.

300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_1.jpg

300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_2.jpg

300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_3.jpg
you could also never exceed 18 MPH

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow! someone has a lot of time on their hands. ;) I just drive the way I feel like driving and charge when needed. I don't worry too much about range it just averages out in the long run.
Back in the early days of EVs I had a nissan Leaf and the nerds on those forums would all try to see how many miles beyond the 75 mile or so range they could achieve.
they'd do things like drive around a small course never exceeding 18 miles an hour or so.
I would challenge their hypermiling by saying if I wanted to travel at that speed a bicycle would be sufficient. they responded with the usual fan boi nonsense.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Wow! someone has a lot of time on their hands. ;) I just drive the way I feel like driving and charge when needed. I don't worry too much about range it just averages out in the long run.
I'm the same here. I just drive based on how I feel, and the road I'm on. With the Free EA, if I'm worried I just find a charger and top off while running into a shop.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

Here are the details.

300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_1.jpg

300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_2.jpg

300 Mile Trip in a Taycan 4S Deconstructed_Page_3.jpg
Some pretty harsh responses to your work. Surprising. Thanks for laying this out. I haven’t received my car yet but I appreciate having the calcs for the physics in play. Will see how close I come….

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Math and science are great and all, but who buys an electric Porsche to drive 71mph?????

Unknown.jpeg
Exactly. I drove the car today for a 138 mile round trip. The range bullshit guesstimate was 207 when I left the garage @ 85%. I drove normal on Tollway, 70-90 mph (Mostly in the mid to high 80's). Temp outside is 32 degrees farenheit. I made it my office with 16 miles of range left - traveled 140.2 miles. That is consistent with my range at 85%.....156 miles. That's really awful. That would be 179.4 miles at 100% charge.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I'd have to cut 25lbs, but at my current body fat, it would be easier to cut off a limb. That being said, not sure I want to live in Colorado. So I'll have to settle for a range court jester.

My plan when I get the car is the same as with my phone, don't think about the battery, just use it however I like, and charge it often.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Back in the early days of EVs I had a nissan Leaf and the nerds on those forums would all try to see how many miles beyond the 75 mile or so range they could achieve.
they'd do things like drive around a small course never exceeding 18 miles an hour or so.
I would challenge their hypermiling by saying if I wanted to travel at that speed a bicycle would be sufficient. they responded with the usual fan boi nonsense.
Chuckling to myself at the thought that there are Nissan Leaf fan bois out there

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Exactly. I drove the car today for a 138 mile round trip. The range bullshit guesstimate was 207 when I left the garage @ 85%. I drove normal on Tollway, 70-90 mph (Mostly in the mid to high 80's). Temp outside is 32 degrees farenheit. I made it my office with 16 miles of range left - traveled 140.2 miles. That is consistent with my range at 85%.....156 miles. That's really awful. That would be 179.4 miles at 100% charge.

I hear you - cold and speed!

The good thing is greater Chicago has a decent number of Electrify America fast chargers so I am sure you drive by a few. Only takes a few minute to put in 20% or 30% of extra juice just in case.

You could live in Dallas, which does not have any. Which I find pretty weird seeing as it is a pretty big metropolitan area.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Math and science are great and all, but who buys an electric Porsche to drive 71mph?????

Unknown.jpeg
when you are on a trip and the next charger can only be reached if you drive at 71mph, you drive at 71 mph.

other wise when the car runs out of "juice" prematurely you could scream something about user error or ineptness.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
when you are on a trip and the next charger can only be reached if you drive at 71mph, you drive at 71 mph.

other wise when the car runs out of "juice" prematurely you could scream something about user error or ineptness.

@kort

Still butt hurt after all this time over a truthful comment made a year ago. You obviously need more fiber in your diet. Maybe a vacation? Lessons on how to visualize letting something go?

I don't want to put you on ignore because you occasionally have something interesting to add, but you really need to figure out how to not take things so seriously. You are going to give yourself a heart attack.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear you - cold and speed!

The good thing is greater Chicago has a decent number of Electrify America fast chargers so I am sure you drive by a few. Only takes a few minute to put in 20% or 30% of extra juice just in case.

You could live in Dallas, which does not have any. Which I find pretty weird seeing as it is a pretty big metropolitan area.
[/QUOTE

I drive to Southern Wisconsin and my route has maybe one charger and its not EA. Sadly for my driving style and routes the car really doesn't work for me. And I just cannot get over the fact that the car is useless over 150 miles of driving. I'm holding on, but I am inching towards moving away from the Taycan.
Sponsored