BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I get the auto-blip on sports sound frequently. It makes me smile every time. I also like playing with transformers and drawing pictures of space ships.
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I’m confused. Is this thread satire? This is the first time I hear about auto blip on an EV. Is this really an option? Is there an audio sample?

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I’m confused. Is this thread satire? This is the first time I hear about auto blip on an EV. Is this really an option? Is there an audio sample?
I've not got Sport Sound, but I think it does include a blip emulation that may or may not be tied to the real gear shifts.
I swear I saw the auto-blip check box (I've not seen it since my original post).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It's not an option but a standard feature which comes into play when Sports or Sports Plus mode is activated and you have Electric Sports Sound optioned.

It is barely audible as a down shift but does exist.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've not got Sport Sound, but I think it does include a blip emulation that may or may not be tied to the real gear shifts.
I swear I saw the auto-blip check box (I've not seen it since my original post).
In 2 years I've not seen an option on PCM. You must have Electric Sports Sound enabled and drive mode Sports or Sports Plus selected. When decelerating from say 60 to 30 / 40 there is a simulated blip sound.

Another pointless gimmick IMHO.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
In 2 years I've not seen an option on PCM. You must have Electric Sports Sound enabled and drive mode Sports or Sports Plus selected. When decelerating from say 60 to 30 / 40 there is a simulated blip sound.

Another pointless gimmick IMHO.
I'm guessing that what I saw was a fleeting PCM option that's only intended for certain manual-shift ICE models, to auto rev-match on shifts (so not for PDK or EVs). Perhaps, under the covers, all possible PCM options are coded for every Porsche model and variant, but are meant to be filtered so that only the relevant ones get displayed for each particular car.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm guessing that what I saw was a fleeting PCM option that's only intended for certain manual-shift ICE models, to auto rev-match on shifts (so not for PDK or EVs). Perhaps, under the covers, all possible PCM options are coded for every Porsche model and variant, but are meant to be filtered so that only the relevant ones get displayed for each particular car.
I just saw that Auto-Blip option on my Taycan today, along with 2 or 3 others too which I didn't have time to memorize. It showed up briefly at power-on on my PCM too, but quickly disappeared and went to typical Driving Mode screen.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just saw that Auto-Blip option on my Taycan today, along with 2 or 3 others too which I didn't have time to memorize. It showed up briefly at power-on on my PCM too, but quickly disappeared and went to typical Driving Mode screen.
Taycan auto-blips when in Sport or Sport Plus drive mode when pressing on and then decelerating with Sports Sound set to on. Can be infectious but as it involves the Sports Sound to be on becomes tedious IMHO.

OP
OP
WuffvonTrips

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Taycan auto-blips when in Sport or Sport Plus drive mode when pressing on and then decelerating with Sports Sound set to on. Can be infectious but as it involves the Sports Sound to be on becomes tedious IMHO.
Aha! Still a glitch for me though, as I don't have ESS.

willcoxi

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
100% saw the option today on entry to the car which dissapered after less than 5 sec’s 🤷‍♂️ along with a few other check boxes for chassis control that I failed to memorise

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have seen it too. I agree with one of the other posters…..likely software ghosting related to other ICE P-cars.
Sponsored