Car went into neutral then park spontaneously - deja vu all over again

T4S22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had submitted one under drivetrain issue recently but perhaps it is still on queue

mb3195

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Add me to the list. Had it drop into neutral a couple times a few weeks back, but last night at a set of traffic lights it automatically went into park, and then dropped into neutral twice in the space of a few seconds.

MY2022 4S.

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I noticed the other day that my MY22 CT4 went into P while stopped in a red light for 45s. I think it happened again later that week, and both times I was on Sport Mode with regen on. I haven't had this issue while driving in normal mode.

Car is scheduled to service for the recall and interior alarm early April, I'll discuss about this too.

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Porsche know about this problem. In my discussions with their Technical Services team they've said that these are two separate issues.

D -> N can happen when approaching a stop light at 5kph.

D -> P is a communication issue between the onboard charger and the motor electronics. The charging system thinks the car is being (or about to be) charged, and shifts to P.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
This has happened to me 4 times since getting my CT in Feb. Talked to dealer about it.
They can't replicate it (of course), but am told that Porsche is aware of the problem and working on a fix. Although dealer didn't give me an details as per @nikc mentioned.

-ThinkMac-

n4ronin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche know about this problem. In my discussions with their Technical Services team they've said that these are two separate issues.

D -> N can happen when approaching a stop light at 5kph.

D -> P is a communication issue between the onboard charger and the motor electronics. The charging system thinks the car is being (or about to be) charged, and shifts to P.

This has happened to me 3 time now. I have a 22 4S most recently yesterday at a traffic light and it went from D ->N

nikc

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo
Country flag
Make sure you tell your dealership, and make sure they escalate to Technical Services. I believe it will be assigned a "Q" (or possibly "queue") number.

Ask them for this number, and ask them to give you weekly updates on the status of solving the problem.

In my discussions with TS it's clear they won't act on reports that don't go through the dealer, and they won't proactively provide progress updates on issues unless the dealer asks for it.

Helixer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 911 Carrera 991.2 and 2020 Cayenne
Country flag
Remember all the pretty young women with psycho personalities?
That's why I'm waiting for Taycan to mature a little bit. In the interim, my Model 3 Performance is plenty enjoyable...and bulletproof.

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I can deal with PCM quirks and bugs, but this shit is unacceptable.

No way do I let anyone else drive this car until I understand what is going on and how to handle it if/when it occurs.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Exact same thing happened to me twice today. MY22 RWD 3 weeks old. At 5mph trying to make a turn, car very abruptly stops and shifts to park, scary Same thing 10 minutes later. My new car brake bedding just completed and i started getting regen from brake pedal. Wondering if this may have something to do with that. (Whatever it is, major bug needs to get fixed)

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exact same thing happened to me twice today. MY22 RWD 3 weeks old. At 5mph trying to make a turn, car very abruptly stops and shifts to park, scary Same thing 10 minutes later. My new car brake bedding just completed and i started getting regen from brake pedal. Wondering if this may have something to do with that. (Whatever it is, major bug needs to get fixed)
Also i’ve got the Surface coated breaks

CygnusX-1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
What exactly happens when it “shifts to park”? Does the car jerk to a halt? Do you just lose some control? Is it brakes or accelerator? Are they just dead pedals?

how do you get going again? How quickly do you recover?

sorry for all the questions, but I’d like to prepared if/when it happens to me.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sure. Order of events: slowed to about 5mph to make turn, slowly coasting for the incoming car to pass. Moment i take my foot off the break and about to press the accelerator the car jerks to halt (harsh). First i thought someone hit me, then i thought a tire dropped into a pothole or something. I Press the accelerator, no response. Thought car is dead, (lots of honks in the meantime) but all screens are on, no error messages, finally i see the car is in park. Put it in drive and go, everything works, except i notice regen braking is not active. I know my break bedding was completed couple days ago it was working in the morning. But don’t know if this time regen was not active yet because i just started driving the car 6-7 minutes ago. Drive for another 5 minutes, brake regen starts working. Highway stop and go traffic same thing happens when i am about to come to a complete stop (less dramatic this time, as i already almost stopped). Now i am experienced so immediately look at gear gauge, it is in park again. The whole experience reminded me the one time i tried to open wife’s bmw driver door while moving the car out of our garage and the vehicle suddenly switched to park as an emergency measure. Pure speculation but maybe the vehicle thinks something similar is happenning that requires putting it to park for safety.
Sponsored