Do I need to get my car checked? Need help

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Hey guys, need some advice.

I was in a parking lot today and this 2nd gen cayenne and I were squeezing through a narrow part of the lot. I decided to stop and let him pass and while he passed, the cayennes left front tire (rubber part) hit my back left wheel. I felt a small jolt in the car

When we checked, there wasn't any visible damage at all, and being in the middle of a busy parking lot, we felt lucky that nothing was visibly damaged and we both parted ways. (I know dumb move, should have gone through the process of reportiing this and exchanging insurance information)

Now I am worried there can be hidden damage, either in the form of alignment or other issues from the minor collision. So far I haven't felt anything wrong while driving, but just regret that I made the wrong decision of letting the guy off the hook.

I have his plates, his cell number and also dash cam footage. I messaged his cell number that I will need to go get this checked and he will be liable for fees incurred but the message has gone unanswered. I am wondering what is the best course of action going forward?
Sponsored

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
First point for me would be - How does it drive? Any vibration? Does it track straight if you lift your hands from the wheel?

Getting an alignment check at a qualified garage might be a small cost for a high peace of mind though.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
The first point for me would be - How does it drive? Any vibration? Does it track straight if you lift your hands from the wheel?

Getting an alignment check at a qualified garage might be a small cost for a high peace of mind though.
1. Drives like it has always driven.
2. No vibrations.
3. Tracks straight though I didn't completely let go of my hands.

I am thinking alignment check as well for peace of mind. The last thing I want is to find out about alignment issues at high speeds.

I guess the only thing I can do now is to keep driving it and observe for any issues. Sigh, this dude should be paying for my alignment. I can easily get cam footage from the garage and then see if I can report this if he doesn't answer me., but my time is worth more than chasing after this.

OP
OP
DCYL725

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Unlikely any damage. The car’s a tank, not a china doll.
Great to hear! I am hoping that is the case too.

My wife is pissed that I let the guy go and that I was in a bad mood all night. true story. Hence, I am here asking for advice.

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Think how much impact there is when you drive over a large pothole.

If it's similar to, or less than that, I wouldn't let it bother me - as that happens all the time (at least on UK roads).

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hey guys, need some advice.

I was in a parking lot today and this 2nd gen cayenne and I were squeezing through a narrow part of the lot. I decided to stop and let him pass and while he passed, the cayennes left front tire (rubber part) hit my back left wheel. I felt a small jolt in the car

When we checked, there wasn't any visible damage at all, and being in the middle of a busy parking lot, we felt lucky that nothing was visibly damaged and we both parted ways. (I know dumb move, should have gone through the process of reportiing this and exchanging insurance information)

Now I am worried there can be hidden damage, either in the form of alignment or other issues from the minor collision. So far I haven't felt anything wrong while driving, but just regret that I made the wrong decision of letting the guy off the hook.

I have his plates, his cell number and also dash cam footage. I messaged his cell number that I will need to go get this checked and he will be liable for fees incurred but the message has gone unanswered. I am wondering what is the best course of action going forward?
I'm unconcerned given your description - it's unlikely there is any "hidden" damage - you'd be able to feel/see anything - and if nothing is presenting itself then you're 99% fine.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Do you need an alignment for a curbed wheel... nah...
Same here. Nothing to worry about a tire to tire kiss.

sergey_ja

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
one of the cases when the forum won't help much, unfortunately. Alignment check for a piece of mind, although I think you just forget it and move on.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Our dealer recently got a machine that check alignment as you drive through. Also, our Acura dealer has the same machine, and when we had the Acura is accurately pointed out alignment deviation and I had it done. Both machines are no cost to use, at least here. The point being, see if you can find a car dealer, not Porsche necessarily, that has a machine like this, for peace of mind as others advised.
Sponsored