Do you Need to Turn off the car?

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I found out that i can lock the door and that seems to have turned off the car.
Does anyone know if that actually turned off the car?
I really love how i can get back in and it automatically adjust the seat and turn on from sleep mode or something like that.
I am avoiding turning off by lock cause i don't see any discussion on that in the manual.
I want to avoid the 12V being drained because i didn't press the power button.
Sponsored

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
As far as I know doors couldn't lock outside if the car still on so I presume its off. I have tried many times.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Why would you not (want to) turn off the car, and thus eliminate any doubt?

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I got used to it when i had the MINI SE. the porsche seems one up it with entry auto start
Auto start on entry is easier to figure out: you (the key) is in, door is closed, must mean you intend to go. The difference of intent between stopping and powering off is not as readily apparent (well, okay, the key is not within the perimeter, but a false positive would leave you yelling outside your car.) But i'd be shocked if the car didn't power off on lock.

IanG

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Wouldn't you have to press EITHER the Park or Off button anyway? I just press the Off button, although I expect that locking the car will also do it. But unless I press HOLD on the brake, the car will creep forward if I don't press one of those 2 buttons...

OP
OP
BJCanadaMax

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Wouldn't you have to press EITHER the Park or Off button anyway? I just press the Off button, although I expect that locking the car will also do it. But unless I press HOLD on the brake, the car will creep forward if I don't press one of those 2 buttons...
Yeah i plus park first. i was just trying to take pic of the car. So i got out and shut the door and lock the doors. The inside seems shut off then.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah i plus park first. i was just trying to take pic of the car. So i got out and shut the door and lock the doors. The inside seems shut off then.
Yes, if the car is in park and you get out and lock the doors with the key fob, the car will turn off. I prefer, still, to just hold the off button before I get out.

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Yes, if the car is in park and you get out and lock the doors with the key fob, the car will turn off. I prefer, still, to just hold the off button before I get out.
Just a clarification, you don't need to use the key fob. You can touch the door to lock it and the car turns off as well. This has been the way I've turned off the car since the day I got it. I never press the power button. I've never had any issues.

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I found out that i can lock the door and that seems to have turned off the car.
Does anyone know if that actually turned off the car?
I really love how i can get back in and it automatically adjust the seat and turn on from sleep mode or something like that.
I am avoiding turning off by lock cause i don't see any discussion on that in the manual.
I want to avoid the 12V being drained because i didn't press the power button.
Locking the door with your remote does shut off the car, yes. I usually opt to do that when I am parking and locking the car out in public. I leave my car unlocked in my garage at home, so I push the power button to turn off the car when I exit

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just a clarification, you don't need to use the key fob. You can touch the door to lock it and the car turns off as well. This has been the way I've turned off the car since the day I got it. I never press the power button. I've never had any issues.
As far as you're aware you haven't. The minute you go to sleep your Taycan is sneaking out to drink with the neighbor kids.
Sponsored