simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was out and about yesterday, and completely forget to take the tracking fob with me. A couple of 40 mile journeys in the afternoon and then realised I had left the PVTS fob behind.

Yet received no warnings, messages etc.

🧐
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Have you ever had warnings on that car? Only this weekend I got an SMS and call and was put into anti-theft mode as I forgot to power down between getting out to open the garage door and reversing in, but reassuring that the monitoring is working.
Is it possible that your other fob is in the car, or that Vodafone have deactivated monitoring (any recent workshop visits)?

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Never had a warning. The other tracking fob and set of keys is 90 miles away. No workshop visits scheduled until June, and hasn't been back to Porsche since I bought it.

Just wondering if the tracking is actually live now 😂

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just called Porsche Cars GB and the plot thickens...the service is active, but on checking another system the chap said its displaying the following message:

"Your certificate cannot currently be displayed - please contact your Porsche Centre"

Funnily enough I just made a service booking at Colchester, so will call them, but in the meantime will also reach out to the Vodafone Theft Alert team to see what they say / can see.

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
OK so called Voafone Theft Alerts and they can successfully "see" and communicate with the car. Tested it whilst I was on the phone and a theft alert duly popped up from the Porsche app, then it locked down until she cleared the event. So that seems to be fine.

Couldn't otherwise see anything wrong, other than some what I'm told, are typical events they get from Porsche cars. Nothing unusual or anything really about the tracking fob not being present etc.

So I'm going to have a 'test' drive in a few hours without the fob and see what transpires....

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Good luck. Occasionally have false positives with mine, usually where it gets confused if I'm not in the car fully when it's switched on, or I get out quickly, get back in and drive off. At least you know they can see/track it

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep test run proves there’s a problem. Just done a 16 mile test drive without the fob and no alerts etc. raised. Called Vodafone and they can’t help. So it’s back to Porsche.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I always get a warning on the dash if I start to drive and the fob isn’t detected - sounds like that’s not happening

OP
OP
simcity

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve been told both fobs need to be re-paired - which is a waiting service visit.

Makes me wonder if they were ever properly paired in the first place 😬

DSB

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Defender 2013
Country flag
I always get a warning on the dash if I start to drive and the fob isn’t detected - sounds like that’s not happening
I've assumed (risky) mine is working as I've always taken it with me. What does the dash warning look like? Thanks

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I don't even have fobs for my PVTS.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I've assumed (risky) mine is working as I've always taken it with me. What does the dash warning look like? Thanks
Here it is … hmmm, I really need to clean the dash …

Porsche Taycan Driving without PVTS tracker fob...yet no warnings or messages IMG_3234

Reactions: DSB

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Can anybody explain to me why I subscribe to PVTS via the official Porsche route, and yet I don't have any fobs and yet you all do?

On the facelifted Taycan, PVTS is not fitted as standard at the factory. At my dealer it's a €2,000 option to have it fitted, which also includes the subscription for the first two years.