First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
Is it me, or does the Purosangue look like a Taycan (CT) in this shot;

Nevertheless, looks like a proper machine.
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
This is very tempting to me. Before the Taycan, I almost got a Luso. But I still feel like ICE is yesterday. If I'm going yesterday, I think I would prefer a Singer 930 Turbo . . .

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Strangely, in videos it sounds awful. I expected that massive V-12 to sing, but it sounds farty.

Way overpriced. I’d much prefer a GTC4 Lusso.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
As much as I don't like SUVs, I am quite sure Cayenne Turbo GT will beat the crap out of this in every possible aspect. And if you want a good ICE - 911, get the Capristo Exhaust and enjoy that crispy flat 6 rumble with an intimidating turbo spool whiste.

rhoyle

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, 981 GT4, Range Rover SC
Country flag
It looks like a tall FF to me. I, too, almost went with the shooting brake F car before my Taycan CT.

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
This is very tempting to me. Before the Taycan, I almost got a Luso. But I still feel like ICE is yesterday. If I'm going yesterday, I think I would prefer a Singer 930 Turbo . . .
930 was my first dream Porsche. Such great lines! Now to work towards affording one...

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
930 was my first dream Porsche. Such great lines! Now to work towards affording one...
I'm currently exploring a Singer order. The idea of the 930 lines reworked by Singer with all of those details just makes me melt a bit.

The price is a little eye-watering, which causes pause for me for two reasons: (1) I drive everything I own everywhere I go under every condition without taking any special precautions (e.g., I parallel park in Georgetown without flinching), and I don't want to get anything I feel like I should not drive in this way; and (2) guilt over dedicating funds to such a singularly selfish pleasure.

But the most important thing holding me back actually is that I frequently enjoy the dream of something much more than I enjoy the reality of it. Since I'm enjoying my dream of a Singer 930 Turbo so much, I'm not in such a rush to end it by accepting delivery . . .

de Tomaso Pantera might also scratch that ICE itch in a way that's not too precious.

Keep warning my wife that this might show up in driveway

Last edited:
OP
OP
tomtom901

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I'm currently exploring a Singer order. The idea of the 930 lines reworked by Singer with all of those details just makes me melt a bit.

The price is a little eye-watering,
Might I ask, what is the going rate for a singer? I saw a couple of documentary's on it, they seem really special.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Might I ask, what is the going rate for a singer? I saw a couple of documentary's on it, they seem really special.
A lot of factors go into the final price -- including price of donor car and you basically work with Singer to co-design -- but I would say it's not worth bothering them unless you are ready to shell out well over US$1M

OP
OP
tomtom901

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
A lot of factors go into the final price -- including price of donor car and you basically work with Singer to co-design -- but I would say it's not worth bothering them unless you are ready to shell out well over US$1M
Holy moly haha. But you have something truly special.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag

The price is a little eye-watering, which causes pause for me for two reasons: (1) I drive everything I own everywhere I go under every condition without taking any special precautions (e.g., I parallel park in Georgetown without flinching), and I don't want to get anything I feel like I should not drive in this way; and (2) guilt over dedicating funds to such a singularly selfish pleasure.

But the most important thing holding me back actually is that I frequently enjoy the dream of something much more than I enjoy the reality of it. Since I'm enjoying my dream of a Singer 930 Turbo so much, I'm not in such a rush to end it by accepting delivery . . .

de Tomaso Pantera might also scratch that ICE itch in a way that's not too precious.

Keep warning my wife that this might show up in driveway
Well you will have well over 2 years before you are even considered to wait - so keep dreaming...

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well you will have well over 2 years before you are even considered to wait - so keep dreaming...
Yes, that is part of my consideration about putting down a deposit. I actually think it will be far closer to 4 years.

Getting back to the Ferrari suv (tired of fighting autocorrect on this name), I think the styling is brilliant. I love the way it looks. If it were powered by an 800 or 1000v eV platform, I would already have an order in. V12s are glorious, but probably will never buy another new one . .

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
The EV is coming, unless Porsche and Ferrari manage to get the EU to accept e-Fuels as a zero emission fuel - hopefully that will fail allowing finally for a 911 EV as well...However, I think it will get through as Germany only have to abstain on the vote in the EU and its all over...
Sponsored