Front Camera Error leading to other errors

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Hello all. Has anyone had a bunch of errors come up due to an error with the front camera? If so, what was the fix? I was hoping these errors would go away, but they would all come back within a few minutes on startup.

Porsche Taycan Front Camera Error leading to other errors A1386330-2CB6-43DE-9BEC-5E3A52620E20_1_102_o

Porsche Taycan Front Camera Error leading to other errors 5A66D2C3-EFB9-4A41-A10B-885929081A1E_1_102_o

Porsche Taycan Front Camera Error leading to other errors 86C799E7-9AE2-4D77-8758-5E0BFD285838_1_102_o

Porsche Taycan Front Camera Error leading to other errors 64151ACC-7DDD-4CBA-A023-34546D9F9638_1_102_o

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmm... with all those errors, I'd start suspecting that there's an issue with the front wiring harness. You'll definitely want to report it to your dealer so that it's documented if things start getting worse in the future.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think most taycans will get 'phantom errors' like this but usually will go away on its own. For example I got AC error and rear trunk release error the other day. By the time I arrived at destination they disappeared.

If persistent then definitely a service visit.

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
I think they are all related to the camera not working. I think all those features leverage the camera. I know the auto bright headlights use it. Would not be surprised if the the other systems mix in data from the camera.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
There is a forum member who had these problems after a replacement windshield and the camera was not calibrated.

Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Every once in a while, particularly after charging, I get a similar cascade of warnings. I ignore them and the next time I start the car they almost always clear on their own.

• Wow
Reactions: B61

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Just wipe the camera ... I get it this time of year. There isn't an automatic wash on the front, I don't think, as there is on the rear...

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Try washing the car.
I think this is the correct advice. At least clean the outside of the windscreen, especially where the rear-view mirror is mounted (camera/sensors). Also wipe over the front camera and also the bumper sensors.

I had the same errors as you btw after a long drive in grubby road conditions. Bit of a wipe and restart of the car and all good.

OP
OP

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Just wipe the camera ... I get it this time of year. There isn't an automatic wash on the front, I don't think, as there is on the rear...
How is this possible since it sits behind the windshield? Windshield is clean where the camera sits.

I think this is the correct advice. At least clean the outside of the windscreen, especially where the rear-view mirror is mounted (camera/sensors). Also wipe over the front camera and also the bumper sensors.

I had the same errors as you btw after a long drive in grubby road conditions. Bit of a wipe and restart of the car and all good.
I've done this already. I'll try again. I"m really trying to avoid having to go to the dealer and hoping it's not something worse like having to replace the wiring harness.

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
I just wipe my finger over the camera/sensor below the front number plate. Seems to work. Sorry if I’ve confused matters by stating camera

OP
OP

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
For posterity in case others come across these issues...

My dealer diagnosed a fault with the driver assist system computer control module.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 21" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
For posterity in case others come across these issues...

My dealer diagnosed a fault with the driver assist system computer control module.
Thanks. Recently started seeing the same messages, but they usually go away after 5-10 minutes of driving. Good to know that there might be an actual error assosiated with them.
Sponsored