Longy_UK

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
@TycanNewHampshire; I hear you.

If the RS6 was our only option I wouldn’t be making the change. My wife has a Range Rover diesel and that’s used as the family bus.

my Taycan will be for commuting and the odd longer trip - it will be charged almost exclusively at home.

in my 18months of RS6 ownership I have only done one trip where I’d have to charge in the wild… as I say we use my wife’s car.

I love the RS6; I just feel I’ve scratched the itch and now it’s scratched 20mpg average out of every tank (even driving gently) seems a little nuts…
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
couldn't comprehend how this model of Porsche could depreciate at a faster rate than say a 911
The 911 has the lowest depreciation amongst Porsches, I would imagine a Taycan is more like a Panamera or Cayenne for depreciation.
OTOH I keep cars a long time so depreciation tends to me less of a concern.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@TycanNewHampshire; I hear you.

If the RS6 was our only option I wouldn’t be making the change. My wife has a Range Rover diesel and that’s used as the family bus.

my Taycan will be for commuting and the odd longer trip - it will be charged almost exclusively at home.

in my 18months of RS6 ownership I have only done one trip where I’d have to charge in the wild… as I say we use my wife’s car.

I love the RS6; I just feel I’ve scratched the itch and now it’s scratched 20mpg average out of every tank (even driving gently) seems a little nuts…
I must admit, I am not looking forward to paying for gas, the 3-years of 30-min free charging was awesome and didn't have to worry about any running costs.
I guess I should have explained better, my wife has an X5, however my daughter is also in competitive sports, so we are never in the same tournament any given weekend.
For me, I would need a 3rd car (second just for me and my son), which I refuse to do. I have always been one to buy a car and drive the wheels off it, even put on studded tires in the winter with the Taycan (its like a snowmobile...so awesome! Highly recommend if you live with snow, but guessing UK is rain :) ).
Glad to hear you liked the RS6, as I test drove the MB E63s today and I think it just looks too.....I don't know, not sporty (to say it nicely)?
I want to go back to a Taycan ST, I just can't right now in the US, perhaps in the future. Then, was super bummed that the panamera wagon is no longer brought into the US and stopped making them....what a shame. Hence, Audi.
Hoping to get back into the EV (or perhaps by then Hydrogen) market, but whatever it is I need to know the infrastructure is in place to feel like I have freedom and am not handcuffed. After all, I need to represent the 'Live Free or Die' State:

Looking forward to pictures and really happy for you on your purchase!

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag
Sounds like you've already got a decent discount being offered. Given the market, i'd be very cheeky with a counter and see what happens.

Sounds like its pretty new so get they shouldn't have an issue with this, but get them to give you the battery state of health number. Apparently thy don't lie to give them out though.

Oh and get them to throw a nice extended warranty in. Costs them next to nothing, but valuable for the owner.

Wish I'd bought nearly new, but then agin there weren't any for sale then. doh.
The key thing to battery health is how it has been charged. See Bjorn Nyland on YouTube. E.g. predominantly DC charging and above 85%, 8% degradation on an etron in 2 years. Home charging rate to 85% is best. Apparently.

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Go for it. Effective 3-phase home charging is really important. Many have installed the Porsche charger, I went with the Tesla Wall Connector.
Please explain why 3 phase is important.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
The key thing to battery health is how it has been charged. See Bjorn Nyland on YouTube. E.g. predominantly DC charging and above 85%, 8% degradation on an etron in 2 years. Home charging rate to 85% is best. Apparently.
Yep, but you’re not going to know how it’s been charged when buying a second hand car. So finding out the soh of the battery is important, because it might be a 350kwh to 100% every time car or an AC to 80%er.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
US power system is very different. You need 3 phases to get 240v and therefore any reasonable amount of power.

As UK is 240v standard it’s less important, you can pull 32a and get 7.2kW. If you have 3 phase then you can pull up to 22kW (but only with the 22kW charging option).

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
US power system is very different. You need 3 phases to get 240v and therefore any reasonable amount of power.

As UK is 240v standard it’s less important, you can pull 32a and get 7.2kW. If you have 3 phase then you can pull up to 22kW (but only with the 22kW charging option).
Thanks for clarifying the comment was about the US. In the UK single phase is generally enough to add about 45-50% charge across the 6hr cheap overnight period, so your daily miles is the key factor.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have 22kw option in my GTS, so three phase facilitates faster charging. You always have the option of going without this and doing longer single phase charges. However there will be times that you forget to charge, or your plans change, and faster charging at home will be the most convenient option.

OP
OP
Longy_UK

Longy_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Well. She’s home. Again thank you to this great community for all of the advice.

Pick up experience was next level; so special for the whole family. Porsche Colchester are highly recommended. Especially Rob - total legend.

It cost me £48 to get to the dealership and about £6 to get back. Considering the car only had 350miles on I was impressed with the 2.5kw/m It achieved especially with constant testing of the ‘speed’! I also think I may have picked up a farewell speeding ticket in the RS6 - how ironic.

Talking of speed, the GTS ST is not a quick as the RS6 (it’s just not) and I’d say you can feel that. The power is more than ample but the volatility of high rev gear changes in the RS6 gave a little bit more drama. My last launch in the Audi saw 0-62 in 3.3! I’ll miss her.

BUT! There is absolutely no denying that’s the Porsche handles better, feels more precise and ‘special’. The interior in the Taycan is light years ahead of the RS6. I feel like I’m actually driving a sports car; rather than a really fast A6. The whole package is far more wholesome. I was (as the thread title suggests) very apprehensive about the switch but it didn’t take me long to forget the Audi. I’ve said since day one of RS6 ownership - is the car amazing - YES - is the car worth £60k more than a black edition A6 - ABSOLUTELY NOT (I’ve had both, same age and colour lol)

I’ve got a feeling I’m going to grow rather fond of this little beast!

Porsche Taycan Help me - I’m Scared!!?! IMG_3631

Geno911

First Name
Grigore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
grey 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo
Country flag
The thrill of testing the speed of your new car must have been exhilarating, especially considering its impressive performance despite its low mileage.

While the Porsche may not match the raw power of your RS6, it seems to offer a different kind of excitement with its precision handling and refined interior.

I hope you enjoy her at her fullest

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Well. She’s home. Again thank you to this great community for all of the advice.

Pick up experience was next level; so special for the whole family. Porsche Colchester are highly recommended. Especially Rob - total legend.

It cost me £48 to get to the dealership and about £6 to get back. Considering the car only had 350miles on I was impressed with the 2.5kw/m It achieved especially with constant testing of the ‘speed’! I also think I may have picked up a farewell speeding ticket in the RS6 - how ironic.

Talking of speed, the GTS ST is not a quick as the RS6 (it’s just not) and I’d say you can feel that. The power is more than ample but the volatility of high rev gear changes in the RS6 gave a little bit more drama. My last launch in the Audi saw 0-62 in 3.3! I’ll miss her.

BUT! There is absolutely no denying that’s the Porsche handles better, feels more precise and ‘special’. The interior in the Taycan is light years ahead of the RS6. I feel like I’m actually driving a sports car; rather than a really fast A6. The whole package is far more wholesome. I was (as the thread title suggests) very apprehensive about the switch but it didn’t take me long to forget the Audi. I’ve said since day one of RS6 ownership - is the car amazing - YES - is the car worth £60k more than a black edition A6 - ABSOLUTELY NOT (I’ve had both, same age and colour lol)

IMG_3631.jpeg
This is very similar to how I felt when I moved from my RS6 to a GTS ST. Although mine was the C7, so not quite as much power as the C8, so I think the GTS is a match in speed. I felt exactly the same about the top end feeling more lacking than the RS - like the electric motors were running out of ‘puff’ - in reality it the lack of those high rev and the gear shifts that affect the drama - I think it’s probably just as fast!
but overall, just so much more of an incredible car!

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag

IMG_3631.jpeg
Congrats! Car looks great and you will love it even more, with more time behind the wheel.

I know it’s only a day old, but if you’re looking for more performance, you could go for the redshift performance upgrade! It will give you Turbo S performance!l

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-intro-taycan-ecu-performance-packages.19243/