How does the driver account profile works please?

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am taking delivery soon of my Taycan CT4S. My wife and I will be driving the car regularly. I noticed we can create an account for each driver that will set a series of parameters (seat position, driver display etc) but I am confused if you need to have the Porsche ID logged in within the car and working for such selection to be working. If that is the case and no connection is possible (which I read happens sometimes), that would mean we cannot select our driver account profile in getting in the car ??? That seems not making sense. Sorry a bit confused on this whole thing.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The profile is linked to the key so as long as you use a separate key when you create your preferences - comfort settings etc - the. You are good. It has nothing to do with the app or connectivity etc.

When properly set up (insist your dealer do it) when you unlock the car the settings will be loaded for whichever key is used.

OP
OP
AnloTaycan2022

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
However, if we are both in the car with both our keys, it is possible that the systems picks one or the other profile. So is there a way to switch the profile on the PCM. Also, you are confirming that we can create a profile driver account (up to 7 according to the manual) without having the Porsched ID logging process in the car ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
However, if we are both in the car with both our keys, it is possible that the systems picks one or the other profile. So is there a way to switch the profile on the PCM. Also, you are confirming that we can create a profile driver account (up to 7 according to the manual) without having the Porsched ID logging process in the car ?
When both keys are in use the one that unlocked the car takes priority.

The car / PCM will display which user is active and should it get muddled you can simply select which driver so no real issue.

This is not unique to Porsche or indeed the Taycan.

Porsche IDs are created on the main Porsche website. One primary user and multiple secondary users. Note you only have 2 keys and so at some point you would need to select the relevant user driving the car from the PCM when in the car to recall their individual settings.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
When both keys are in use the one that unlocked the car takes priority.

The car / PCM will display which user is active and should it get muddled you can simply select which driver so no real issue.

This is not unique to Porsche or indeed the Taycan.

Porsche IDs are created on the main Porsche website. One primary user and multiple secondary users. Note you only have 2 keys and so at some point you would need to select the relevant user driving the car from the PCM when in the car to recall their individual settings.
That’s ok until: example- both go shopping in different directions, wife gets back to the car first and gets in the passenger side, then you arrive later as the driver. Open driver door and jump in. Seat winds you into the steering wheel as it moves to your wife’s position! Ask me how I know? Well this happened with my Panamera and fully expect it to be the same with my Taycan. . . .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s ok until: example- both go shopping in different directions, wife gets back to the car first and gets in the passenger side, then you arrive later as the driver. Open driver door and jump in. Seat winds you into the steering wheel as it moves to your wife’s position! Ask me how I know? Well this happened with my Panamera and fully expect it to be the same with my Taycan. . . .
Lock and reopen the car with the key fob even if someone is sitting in the car. This will reload the driver's settings.

It's an obvious consequence and that's how I manage it.

OP
OP
AnloTaycan2022

AnloTaycan2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So bottom line, I do not need the car to login using the Porsche ID for the driver profile to be created and selected from the PCM at the entry in the car... Correct?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So bottom line, I do not need the car to login using the Porsche ID for the driver profile to be created and selected from the PCM at the entry in the car... Correct?
Correct.

When you get the car you will need to login on the PCM with your ID and password. This is typically done at the dealership.

In general most people create their ID in advance.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
my wife loves doing this just to wind me up!
Sponsored

Last edited: