batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
He also gave a very unenthusiastic review, almost as if he was bored.

Not sure if like many media outlets that have "fun" content, they've been told to tone it down because of current events. If so, I find that pathetic, but I've heard of it happening before.

Shmee is irritating and his content so tedious. The formula:

Gets better car > drives it somewhere
Gets better car > drives it somewhere

Ad nauseum and all with a Cheshire cat perma-grin on his face that would make even The Duchess of Cambridge blush.
rAmen to that. Not having been a big car review person till the advent of EVs (which tied in nicely to my excessive viewing of tech related items) I stumbled upon one of Shmee's early Taycan videos. Assumed he was just some bumbling super rich amateur YouTuber who hadn't researched anything prior to buying his car. Was somewhat shocked to understand he is a YouTube "celebrity" with a huge following.
Sponsored

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
He also gave a very unenthusiastic review, almost as if he was bored
Yeah, he gave it a 'buy' rating at the end which surprised me given what came before. I think that's the fifth Taycan he's reviewed so maybe he was struggling to summon enthusiasm for another one. He seemed a bit annoyed about not being able to drift it properly as well. At least he didn't get out the 'stick of truth' to point out that the front wheel vents aren't real. Again. He's never said this is only true if you have the electric charger doors, maybe he doesn't realise this

Cue another car leaving his garage in two years time...
You mean the 'Shmuseum' :rolleyes:

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
rAmen to that. Not having been a big car review person till the advent of EVs (which tied in nicely to my excessive viewing of tech related items) I stumbled upon one of Shmee's early Taycan videos. Assumed he was just some bumbling super rich amateur YouTuber who hadn't researched anything prior to buying his car. Was somewhat shocked to understand he is a YouTube "celebrity" with a huge following.
Indeed. I can tell merely from his accent and his dress sense (Gant fleece / shirt combo) he's from a very well heeled background and comes from money.

I'm not sure why he got a Taycan as he's such a petrol head. He knew he would hate it and made a point by replacing it with a Ferrari V12.

His long road trips in a Turbo S, which is tuned more for raw speed than range, was also a bit curious. What exactly was he expecting to happen on long road trips? Why didn't he get a 4S that would have given slightly more range? Why even get a Taycan for such journeys?

I also didn't like his wrap or wheel colour. The Taycan looks unexciting in dull colours. Of all the Taycan's I have seen, his was one the least head turning. Wheels too garish, body too dull.

I hazard guess he already hates his SF90 based on his forced enthusiasm for it that he later blamed on "bad weather". You won't know until DD'ing what a hybrid supercar will be like to drive. Most of his errands will automatically be in EV mode. He's just paid 3x the price for what is longer range Taycan, with slightly less practicality and comfort.

It's also Ferrari's first go so it's essentially a test product.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
UPDATE: I finally found a spot for the Dragy that gives consistent results. The only place is on the center console to the left of the front cup holder. Once I landed on that location I got four runs within .02 seconds of one another.

3.52 3.53 3.52 3.54 - much better and more consistent, especially for my 300lbs and a small upward slope. I expect mid to low 3.4x's are what the car is capable of with average size driver.

The 60' times are 1.88-1.91 which is .10 faster than the 4s and .2 slower than my Turbo.

Overall it's about a tenth slower in the 60' and the 0-60 than I was hoping for at my weight, but I'm satisfied.

Screenshot_20220410-184112_dragy.jpg
Thank you for volunteering to suffer for science. Your sacrifice is well appreciated.

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ETD 15 July)
Country flag
It wasn't on the build sheet. The dealer actually received two GTS Volcano at the same time and neither had it.
porsche Lisbon (portugal) demo car also without the skirt logo. Definitely a pattern. Let’s hope they fix it in the near future deliveries

Cluon80

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz GLE
Country flag
So what’s the point of the GTS? In the ICE world they are tuned and have a better exhaust note in addition to the bits of finish but based on the OP a bunch of those finish bits are missing and there is no real world performance (and Certainly no exhaust) improvement over the 4s? What a bummer.
you get the cool panoramic roof with light control =P Seems like its only available on the GTS for now.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yeah the roof is pretty cool. I would probably never use it but it’s certainly a cool parlor trick
Sponsored