Just took delivery...Need help from forum.

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, 911, Panamera, Cayenne, Macan
Country flag
You need to download the "Charging NA" app from the Play Store. The Electrify America app is a nice to have, but it is the app for the general public, not specific to the Porsche program for the free 30 minute sessions.

With regard to the Wifi Hotspot, the ability to browse the Internet has not yet been enabled according to my calls with Porsche NA.
This is true, I have also confirmed this with PCNA (Porsche Cars North America) The hotspot capability will be available for the car in the near future.
Sponsored

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
That is very true.
Hi, new owner here as well.

I couldn't find the way to turn the sound on and off , can someone walk me through it please?

Thanks

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Hi, new owner here as well.

I couldn't find the way to turn the sound on and off , can someone walk me through it please?

Thanks
Press the volume adjuster on the steering wheel.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Press the car button on pcm, then select sport sound on. I’d suggest you navigate through all the options to get aquatinted with the options at your disposal.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Press the car button on pcm, then select sport sound on. I’d suggest you navigate through all the options to get aquatinted with the options at your disposal.
There's no button for Sport Sound in any menu under PCM. I guess it's just always on by default, a little louder on Sport Plus.

But there's no button for Sport Sound.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It should be there. Did you pay for the option?

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It should be there. Did you pay for the option?
Yes I’ve got the entire package including dash timer. The Sport sound is always on in the background, can’t turn it off. It gets louder when switched to Sport Plus performance setting.

The only buttons under PCM are for adjusting between performance modes, no button for sound.

Older software iteration? Newer version? Dunno

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Thanks, I was referring to Sport Sound (but didn't specify earlier), does that also vary by volume button?
It really does sound like you haven't got the option fitted to your car.

Porsche Taycan Just took delivery...Need help from forum. IMG_20200903_155750

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, it seems like you don't have it. But if you did get the performance package, then you should.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It really does sound like you haven't got the option fitted to your car.

IMG_20200903_155750.jpg
That button doesn’t appear in my menus, yet I ordered the Sports Chrono package which should include it.

My first Porsche, so I guess I got confused by the options list?
Weird

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That button doesn’t appear in my menus, yet I ordered the Sports Chrono package which should include it.

My first Porsche, so I guess I got confused by the options list?
Weird
So I have the Sports Chrono package which I thought included the Sports Sound but now I’m not sure about that. The Performance Package does include the sound, and I didn’t get that.

Not a huge deal, I got everything else I wanted, and there are some electronic sounds as is.

The dealer is no help at all, they’re in the business of shoving metal out the door not serving customers after all.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I have the Sports Chrono package which I thought included the Sports Sound but now I’m not sure about that. The Performance Package does include the sound, and I didn’t get that.

Not a huge deal, I got everything else I wanted, and there are some electronic sounds as is.

The dealer is no help at all, they’re in the business of shoving metal out the door not serving customers after all.
Sports chrono package doesn't include sports sound. Here's what you get with sports chrono:
  • Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel including mode switch for selecting drive modes: Range, Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS and Individual
  • Analogue and digital chronograph
  • SPORT PLUS mode with performance oriented tuning of chassis, Porsche Active Aerodynamics and temperature control of the Performance Battery
  • Individual mode for the individual configuration of the settings for driving mode, chassis, chassis level and Porsche Electric Sport Sound
You're talking about the regular sound, which is also cool. Sports sound is that on steroids, just louder basically. You don't need it.