TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m replacing my Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with a Wallbox Pulsar Plus and need to figure out how to detach the handle dock from the wall. It’s two pieces where one piece is screwed onto the wall and then a cover snaps over the first piece (see the bad picture of instructions). There must be tabs that need to be depressed to remove the cover and I don’t remember where they are from the installation.

Can anybody provide some help or if you have a PMCC that’s not installed look at the dock and let me know what you see?

I may run by my dealer and see if they have any for me to look at.

Here are the instructions:
Porsche Taycan Need help removing PMCC handle dock from wall A3257482-BEB6-43C5-A48F-1477D69DB051
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I’m replacing my Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with a Wallbox Pulsar Plus and need to figure out how to detach the handle dock from the wall. It’s two pieces where one piece is screwed onto the wall and then a cover snaps over the first piece (see the bad picture of instructions). There must be tabs that need to be depressed to remove the cover and I don’t remember where they are from the installation.

Can anybody provide some help or if you have a PMCC that’s not installed look at the dock and let me know what you see?

A3257482-BEB6-43C5-A48F-1477D69DB051.jpeg
great question i don’t know - but it should work for any plug - you may not need to remove it - just saying

OP
OP

TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
great question i don’t know - but it should work for any plug - you may not need to remove it - just saying
It DOES work for any plug and I’m using it until I can get it off to replace with the Wallbox’s holster. I want to keep it with the Porsche charger in my frunk (maybe eventually trash it with the Porsche charger).

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
You can use a hooked paint can opener to pry the cover off. Slip the hook under the TOP edge of the outer cover and pull up slightly, The cover will pop right off. Prying under the side edges or bottom edge will NOT work.

The tool with the bent end that is included with the Taycan tool kit may also work.

Porsche Taycan Need help removing PMCC handle dock from wall IMG_0430

RPSRPS

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 TAYCAN GTS / '22 F150 HYBRID / '19 RANGER
Country flag

A3257482-BEB6-43C5-A48F-1477D69DB051.jpeg

[/QUOT

You place the bottom on first then snap up top - reverse that to take off. Just grab from the top back and pull forward and down to unsap the cover.

OP
OP

TaterTex

First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can use a hooked paint can opener to pry the cover off. Slip the hook under the TOP edge of the outer cover and pull up slightly, The cover will pop right off. Prying under the side edges or bottom edge will NOT work.

The tool with the bent end that is included with the Taycan tool kit may also work.

IMG_0430.jpeg
That did the trick. I happened to have had a couple hanging nearby. Thanks!