fredhouston

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hello: are most of you just going to keep driving before getting the recall done? The soonest I could get is 11 days away and I will be on the highway frequently before then.

Porsche is not saying to park the car until recall can be done?
Sponsored

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hello: are most of you just going to keep driving before getting the recall done? The soonest I could get is 11 days away and I will be on the highway frequently before then.

Yes I keep driving. I am not worried.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag

Absolutely keep driving. The issue seems relatively rare. I’m not worried.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Personally having had this happen, I’d drive, but be careful if you’ve had the WMA5 update pre-June. It does slow you down slowly so you have time to put the hazards on and pull over if you know what’s happening. However, I’d be cautious with hairy, single lane overtaking manoeuvres. Annoying, as the car is built for that!​

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, I am still driving my Turbo without any reservation.
I have the "old" WMA5 update.
Scheduled for the AMB5 on August 2nd.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Now that we know there is a recognised issue I'd be wary but in truth would continue driving. I applied pressure on my dealer playing the safety card and had mine rescheduled from 3 weeks out to next Weds. If I wanted a loaner it would have been September at the earliest!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Yes, everyone here has been aware of this issue for months and have continued to drive. Porsche finally sending a recall notice wouldn’t make anyone suddenly stop driving.

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Yes I keep driving. I am not worried.
Same. Work and personal time will push my update out at least a few weeks, maybe longer. Drive it like I stole it….

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They are not booking in any recalls until they have tested the "fix" on their demonstrators to ensure it works. On asking whether it was safe to continue driving, they said a definite yes!

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They are not booking in any recalls until they have tested the "fix" on their demonstrators to ensure it works. On asking whether it was safe to continue driving, they said a definite yes!
Porsche are not really being logical. The recall notice says to get it done ASAP. If it’s safe to drive whats the hurry? And then when you try to book in the online system doesn’t work, you can’t get a loaner “for our protection”, collections are booked up for several weeks, and they need the car for the whole day.

They are allowed to collect your car and return it and possibly infect it, but they don’t want us doing the same to their loaners! Not saying that will happen but at least be consistant. And don’t feed us BS about it being to improve our safety. It seems that the protocols have been thought up by idiots, and/or are being used to save money all the while being able to hide their reduced/poor service behind COVID safety.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Porsche are not really being logical. The recall notice says to get it done ASAP. If it’s safe to drive whats the hurry? And then when you try to book in the online system doesn’t work, you can’t get a loaner “for our protection”, collections are booked up for several weeks, and they need the car for the whole day.

They are allowed to collect your car and return it and possibly infect it, but they don’t want us doing the same to their loaners! Not saying that will happen but at least be consistant. And don’t feed us BS about it being to improve our safety. It seems that the protocols have been thought up by idiots, and/or are being used to save money all the while being able to hide their reduced/poor service behind COVID safety.
It's an NHTSA initiated recall by Porsche due to a few complaints filed at the NHTSA.
Porsche was already working on a fix so it only speed up things (but I don't know if that's a good thing...).

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
I’m still driving, but gettin the recall done Wednesday before a small road trip. I feel better getting it done before I go.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
As someone who had this happen if you don’t have WMA update keep driving. If you do it’s roulette. Up to you.

If it happens it’s pretty intense.
Sponsored