Long trips in Taycan seats - comfort / ergonomics?

victor432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Hey all,

I'm very near to purchase a Taycan CT 4s.

I like to do long trips up to 2.5 hours in one way, usually using a Range Rover Sport which gives tons of comfort.
Taycan is like a hovercraft, very comfortable ride. But what can you tell me about Taycan's seat ergonomics for long trips?

Thanks
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hey all,

I like to do long trips up to 2.5 hours in one way, usually using a Range Rover Sport which gives tons of comfort.
Taycan is like a hovercraft, very comfortable ride. But what can you tell me about Taycan's seat ergonomics for long trips?

Thanks
If you are used to EQS and RR Sport comfortable seats, the Taycan is more aligned to Sport Car seats. Comfortable and can be adjusted to your body for support. But they are much firmer.

No problems for a long trip but firm

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hey all,

Thanks
I chose the comfort seats for my Taycan which I find a more comfortable shape for me than our friends multi adjustable LR Discovery seats where the backrest isn't wide enough for my upper back even when adjusted to its widest setting.
The car has been super comfortable and relaxing on the few long journeys we have done.

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
Don’t let the Porsche branding of the seats confuse you. The top end seat, the 18 way “sport” seat, is in no way any less comfortable than the 8 way adjustable “comfort” seat. Yes, it has higher bolsters but they are adjustable, hence the “18 way” nomenclature so unless you are an inordinately large person I can’t imagine any way you couldn’t get the 18 way sport seats adjusted to your liking.

OP
OP

victor432

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Thanks guys. Good to know that the seats are comfortable enough to not regret any other car, objectively speaking.
BTW such a beautiful car, the Taycan is

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
It may just be me; but driving in a 'hovercraft' (your term, I like it) is more relaxing than up high in an SUV; this is not related to the seats which are fine. Have an Etron which is very quiet and has great seats but find driving the Taycan quite a bit more relaxing on long trips.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Hey all,

Thanks
I think you very much need to try the different seat options to see which suits your body shape and preference - clearly more adjustment should make it easier to make the seat fit your requirements, but some seat styles will suit some people better than others.

Some of the most comfortable seats I have sat in were the foldable buckets in my 991.1 GT3 - effectively no adjustment, yet I frequently drove for 4 or 5 hours without stopping, with no issues. On the other hand, my wife hated the same seats - unsurprisingly our heights and body shapes are very different!

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
850 miles in one day, arrived at my destination as fresh as can be, and honestly was a bit disappointed I had to stop driving.

As others pointed out, it’s not as much the seats as the driving position, and the Taycan’s is close to the 911’s - very comfortable for long distance travel.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have 14 way sets with massage heating and ventilation.

I have read a lot about this before making a decision

My SA advised against 18W for long trip comfort. I first did spec 18W black Olea and changed for 14W normal full leather and added massage. He also advised against Olea in black because the difference is subtle.

I am 1m93 and 90 Kg

I am still happy with my choice. They are comfortable. Recently had a loaner with 18 W and they do have a better fit. I was more firmly attached to the seat in corners. Which made cornering more fun. But for longer comfort oriented rides the side bolsters even when fully opened started to push on my legs. Getting in and out was also a bit more difficult.

18W do fit better and hold your body better in place but can be less comfortable on long drives and can be more difficulr to get in and out.

Better to test them your self side to side.

Last edited:

AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
just had 2*700 kms with Taycan last week: pleasant, no back pain or discomfort

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have the standard 8 way seats on mine and have been really impressed with the comfort.

Definitely the most comfortable seats I've had on any car - which is surprising as they look less padded than other seats I've had.

My only criticism is a slight lack of lateral support when driving fast through twists and turns.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have the standard 8 way seats on mine and have been really impressed with the comfort.

Definitely the most comfortable seats I've had on any car - which is surprising as they look less padded than other seats I've had.

My only criticism is a slight lack of lateral support when driving fast through twists and turns.
Same feeling with my 14W seats, the 18W do a better job for this.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I have the 14-way seats and used it for a few 2-3 hour trips. Very comfortable and no fatigue.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I bought my car in Oregon and immediately drove it home to CA for a 10 hour drive. Found the seats very comfortable. I can have issues with lower back fatigue in lower / sporty cars (I did on my gen1 R8 and 5th gen Camaro 1LE) but was able to get the 14 ways adjusted so that I had no problem

I was considering doing the 8 ways (since I was building to a budget), and the 18 ways but happy I went with the 14 ways. On the 8 way seats, not having lumbar could have turned out to be a big issue for me. I think lumbar adjustability is the reason I find the seats to not cause lower back fatigue. YMMV. The 18 ways were ok, but I wasn’t a big fan of how the shoulder bolsters rolled my shoulders forward when I test sat in one. I don’t know if those bolsters would have caused any issues on a longer drive, but the 14 ways were much less restricting and immediately felt more comfortable.

I’m sure the 18 ways have more lateral support for hard cornering but the 14’s are fine for my purposes. I have another car for actual sporty driving
Sponsored