Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
Today I observed that the main headlights dim slightly when I switched to Range mode. I was driving with a gusty headwind and some rain so tried to see if I could extend my range by switching to Range mode. I have hardly ever used range mode since it limits the speed to 140 km/h and also changes the behaviour of the A/C.

I have the Matrix lights with all the Porsche features. I tried several times and also tried to keep a constant distance to a car in front by using Cruise Control. On his rear and number plate I could also see a difference when switching between Normal mode and Range mode. There was a distinct loss of light beam when driving in these dark conditions, black road surface, rain soaked and wipers going.

I was not aware that this would happen.

Has anybody else seen similar behaviour or do I have a problem with my car?
Sponsored

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
It is part of the range mode characteristics to save power consumption. Other than A/C mode, passenger screen off and lowest suspension setting with no sport mode dampers, you have decreased brightness of headlamps (dumb in my book, as it has an effect on safety). They could have shut off heated and ventilated seats, and some amps from the sound system as well as making wipers slower ! It could be worse ! A gimmick mostly except aero and A/C mode in my opinion.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Today I observed that the main headlights dim slightly when I switched to Range mode. I was driving with a gusty headwind and some rain so tried to see if I could extend my range by switching to Range mode. I have hardly ever used range mode since it limits the speed to 140 km/h and also changes the behaviour of the A/C.

I have the Matrix lights with all the Porsche features. I tried several times and also tried to keep a constant distance to a car in front by using Cruise Control. On his rear and number plate I could also see a difference when switching between Normal mode and Range mode. There was a distinct loss of light beam when driving in these dark conditions, black road surface, rain soaked and wipers going.

I was not aware that this would happen.

Has anybody else seen similar behaviour or do I have a problem with my car?
Yes this is part of Range mode. We'll documented the Porsche Good To Know App. I use it on all long journeys - excellent for this purpose.
Sponsored