ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Ford GT500+Raptor, Lincoln Navigator
Country flag
Hello, I bought a 2020 Taycan Turbo 4 months ago, and I love it! It was on the lot and came with an option called "mobile charger connect" for $1,120. They didnt have it at the time, so they ordered it, and I just picked it up. All I got was the main unit, with no cables to plug it into a wall or the car. Is this what that option is, or is it supposed to come with the cable to plug into the car and the wall? This seems like a complete rip off if I need to buy cables on top of the option price.

I have an EVSE at home, so I can charge the car, just want to be sure I get what I paid for!

Thanks in advance!
Jeff
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I believe it should have come with two 12” supply cables (5-15 for 120VAC and 14-50 for 240VAC) as well as an 8’ vehicle cable.

There are other optional supply cables and an optional 25’ vehicle cable.

Porsche Taycan Mobile Charger Connect E318DE3B-1659-4661-9B97-7C6F8C0A5C0E

OP
OP
ralphy1798

ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe it should have come with two 12” supply cables (5-15 for 120VAC and 14-50 for 240VAC) as well as an 8’ vehicle cable.

There are other optional supply cables and an optional 25’ vehicle cable.

E318DE3B-1659-4661-9B97-7C6F8C0A5C0E.jpeg
That's exactly my thought, the description above isnt super clear (from their options on the website). Was hoping someone who got it with their vehicle can confirm, then I can tell the dealer what to give me :)

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
That's exactly my thought, the description above isnt super clear (from their options on the website). Was hoping someone who got it with their vehicle can confirm, then I can tell the dealer what to give me :)
I have the standard PMC+, not the optional PMCC, but the PMC+ also comes with the two supply cables and the vehicle cable.

OP
OP
ralphy1798

ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It comes in a bag with cables and some kind of mount. You definitely got ripped off.
Haha, Im sure they'll make it right, was just checking what it should come with. Surprised how confused they are.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Does anybody know, if you get the "Mobile Charger Connect" option with the 25-foot cable, do you also get the standard "Mobile Charger Plus" with 120-volt and 240-volt "supply cables for Mobile Charger"? In other words, are you getting two different sets of charging-box interfaces between the charging outlet and your car's charging port, or does the "Mobile Charger Connect" box and its cables *replace* the standard ones?

OP
OP
ralphy1798

ralphy1798

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does anybody know, if you get the "Mobile Charger Connect" option with the 25-foot cable, do you also get the standard "Mobile Charger Plus" with 120-volt and 240-volt "supply cables for Mobile Charger"? In other words, are you getting two different sets of charging-box interfaces between the charging outlet and your car's charging port, or does the "Mobile Charger Connect" box and its cables *replace* the standard ones?
I am not getting the basic cable with mine, only the mobile charger connect.

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm taking delivery of my new Taycan 4S in a few days, and my dealership was kind enough to provide me my mobile charger connect in advance so I can install it and have it ready. When I opened the bag, I discovered it was missing the 120V cable (to connect to a basic wall outlet) and a 6-30 connector instead of the NEMA 14-50 I had specified.

My salesperson told me a story about how it is illegal in Canada to supply a 120V cable, to which I asked "how are people who haven't installed level 2 charging supposed to charge?"

It was my understanding that according to the Porsche Canada website cables are provided to connect to both residential (120V) and commercial (240V) outlets. Am I correct in this supposition?

Out of curiosity, what was in your bag with your Mobile Charger Connect?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You only get one set of cables and one charger. If you don't specify the PMCC then you get the PMC+ by default and if you upgrade to PMCC then that is the EVSE you get.

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I upgraded to the PMCC but got only 1 connector (wall plug to charger - NEMA 6-30). No way of connecting the vehicle to a regular 120V wall plug.

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
I got the basic charger and only received one plug which was the 14-50 that I had specified. No 120v plug. I can actually reach the car plug from my back garage wall with the car backed in.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Not sure about the USA - but I the UK if you option the MCC as part of your car delivery - it replaces the basic - but only costs £767 ish.

You can also order MCC after delivery as an accessory (so it's now in addition to the basic unit supplied with your car) - and then its £1,371

maybe similar in the USA?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
US here. PMC+
The car had a black bag in the trunk attached to tie down clips. It had the charger, 120 and 14-50 connector cables, 14ft cable from connector to the car and the wall mounting brackets. Also had 2 books of instructions .

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
US here. PMC+
The car had a black bag in the trunk attached to tie down clips. It had the charger, 120 and 14-50 connector cables, 14ft cable from connector to the car and the wall mounting brackets. Also had 2 books of instructions .
Thanks. Mine, in Canada, had the bag, the charger, 6-50 cable, 25 foot cable from connector to the car, wall mounting brackets, and 2 books of instructions. I had to swap the 6-50 for a 14-50 cable and I had to order the 120V from SunCoast in the US.
Sponsored