CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You needed to have a binding contract with 10% down on or before president signed the bill to qualify for federal tax credit. Those who did, got grandfathered under previous bill. It’s crazy to think I committed to this car and never even sat in it before!
Believe it's any purchase agreement signed before Aug.'22 regardless of deposit amount.
Getting the $7500 2022 fed tax credit grandfathered is the only grandfathering I want this year!

Congrats on your chariot!
Sponsored

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Continental contact pro all season, I absolutely have lighting for rear footwells
How did you get all season tires on your car? My dealer said only summer tires on 21R when the car is delivered.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
I don't know why looking at pictures like that nearly make me tear up. Like that Asia Pacific market YouTube video. Congratulations to all of you and it makes me more excited for my big day to arrive!

gekko4711

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I don't know why looking at pictures like that nearly make me tear up. Like that Asia Pacific market YouTube video. Congratulations to all of you and it makes me more excited for my big day to arrive!
It will be worth the wait for sure!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I bought almost exactly the same GTS-Mission E car as you did - so obviously I like your choice :D!
Porsche Taycan My Taycan GTS arrival (Carrera White Metallic) GTS_HappyDriver-b

ninjalimmi

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
My childhood dream comes true of ordering my first custom Porsche ….

The first time I laid my eyes on the Taycan, I knew I’d have one someday. I’ve had boxsters, Macans, 911’s but at this stage of my life I wanted a cruiser, and dang this just might be the perfect “sporty cruiser”.

I called 10 different dealerships in june, they all laughed at me and told me to get on the list, and most dealers told me BTW -we are getting over MSRP. Finally on my 10th phone call my timing seemed to be impeccable ,”sir, we don’t have a 4s BUT we have a GTS allocation that just came in about an hour go, it’s yours if you want it at MSRP” I asked wife if I should pull the trigger, she said with 100% certainty “stop being a pussy, and order it”…. So, I did 😃

I signed all paperwork Sat before end of year so I was able to get my tax credit for 2022.

I was going for a mission E look. I’m glad I switched from flat white to CWM as it’s really stunning in person and adds a bit more dimension over the flat white.

Yes, it’s interesting I have a GTS but none of the GTS typical markings (RS wheels, alcantara, etc)
I took a gamble on the blue rear logo, I think it looks awesome …

I drove it an hour straight to the detailer from dealership to get a PPF on hood and bumper and ceramic - G techniq crystal serum including wheels, I negotiated 2100 out the door.

Ride home was a bit overwhelming as I was using navigation an trying to familiarize myself with all the buttons and menus buried in menus …

Car is very precise, quiet, and quick. It didn’t feel as fast as my Tesla M3P in the low end although the numbers are similar. The power delivery is different and the much longer wheel base distorts how fast you’re really going. Going 100MPH on Highway feels like 65.

I should be getting “white baller pimp daddy” back this weekend. I’m excited to learn all the nuances of the car….

Thanks to all who have answered all my questions over last few months - especially DaveO and W1INGE.

5BC9EC3B-5C47-4AB1-B600-C53D215C0458.jpeg
Gorgeous does that have a ceramic coat ?