New feature to open trunk with your foot?

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
I only open it when I'm safe and alone in my garage.
Otherwise my colleagues make fun of me while I'm "caressing" my car....looks so wrong, I admit that wholeheartedly.
Looks like you took their advice when they told you to "get a room" ;)
Sponsored

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
I only open it when I'm safe and alone in my garage.
Otherwise my colleagues make fun of me while I'm "caressing" my car....looks so wrong, I admit that wholeheartedly.
Hahaha
I just did the same frunk opening motion over and over in public without success last weekend while attempting to leave the supermarket and it did look weird!!! People thought so too, I could tell.... I
believe it can be related to the degree of dryness of the hood, I mean, if it's raining, the success rate of opening the frunk with the hand motion seems to be lower, as well as the charging port swipe which seems to be less effective in the rain.
Has anyone else noticed that?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Hahaha
I just did the same frunk opening motion over and over in public without success last weekend while attempting to leave the supermarket and it did look weird!!! People thought so too, I could tell.... I
believe it can be related to the degree of dryness of the hood, I mean, if it's raining, the success rate of opening the frunk with the hand motion seems to be lower, as well as the charging port swipe which seems to be less effective in the rain.
Has anyone else noticed that?
I noticed the opposite with the frunk. It would open whenever I was hand washing the car. I have little success getting it to work in normal situations. The power charging port works all the time regardless of the weather.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I noticed the opposite with the frunk. It would open whenever I was hand washing the car. I have little success getting it to work in normal situations. The power charging port works all the time regardless of the weather.
Exactly.
I think it has something to do with the car being awake.
It looks like the system has to power up or something (the trunk works every single time though)
Once it's alive, it works every single time...
Can anyone confirm this?
Sponsored