OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
23 is as much as 2 years old, so might not have ever been registered, but saying "new" may be a stretch. New today would be 25, maybe 24 but even that is now old stock.
The 23 one date is in july 2023 so it is about 10 months stock
Sponsored

Giulio

First Name
GIULIO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MACAN S, TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
I chose a 0 km RWD, registered for 6 months and with 35,000 euros of optional extras that I didn't pay. I preferred to give priority to aesthetics (it was the most beautiful of all the Taycans available) and the fact that no one had used it before.
In 1 year I have used the launch control 3 times, the power is not excessive but it is enough for me. The performances are certainly incomparable to the turbo but if they are not a priority for you, choose the one that aesthetically pleases you best..

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The 23 one date is in july 2023 so it is about 10 months stock
If you decide on it, you could use this fact to try to negotiate a better deal. It obviously is not flying off the shelf. Since this car was produced, Porsche made and stopped already making 24 Taycans. For resale value, the model year will be a bigger factor, a 2023 becomes 2 years old once 2025 comes off the production line.

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
If you decide on it, you could use this fact to try to negotiate a better deal. It obviously is not flying off the shelf. Since this car was produced, Porsche made and stopped already making 24 Taycans. For resale value, the model year will be a bigger factor, a 2023 becomes 2 years old once 2025 comes off the production line.
Sure i will 🫡

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
I chose a 0 km RWD, registered for 6 months and with 35,000 euros of optional extras that I didn't pay. I preferred to give priority to aesthetics (it was the most beautiful of all the Taycans available) and the fact that no one had used it before.
In 1 year I have used the launch control 3 times, the power is not excessive but it is enough for me. The performances are certainly incomparable to the turbo but if they are not a priority for you, choose the one that aesthetically pleases you best..
You are right.. aesthetics more and most important point

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
All due respect to current owners, the advice you receive from any of us is likely to be biased.

RWD owners will want to defend their choice, and the turbo owners will reciprocate.

If there are sensible arguments offered, then I hope that will help in your decision.

For me, it came down to:

1. Cost. I could afford a more expensive car but questioned the ROI. This Porsche (my 4th) was already the most expensive car I've ever purchased (I bought my 911 as CPO).

2. Speed. The RWD offers what I wanted in terms of pickup. Anything faster and I simply catch up to traffic faster, or get more speeding tickets. I also read some articles that spoke to the huge weight difference between the two vehicles and figured the RWD might be more nimble.

3. Resale: At the time of purchase I didn't have good information to use this as a measure, but at the same time I intended to keep the car for at least 5 years (did not lease).

4. Specs: By spending less on the model, I could justify spending more on spec-ing the car and bought a bunch of cool upgrades to the vehicle.

I've not regretted the RWD decision and would make it again if I were to start over.

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
All due respect to current owners, the advice you receive from any of us is likely to be biased.

RWD owners will want to defend their choice, and the turbo owners will reciprocate.

If there are sensible arguments offered, then I hope that will help in your decision.

For me, it came down to:

1. Cost. I could afford a more expensive car but questioned the ROI. This Porsche (my 4th) was already the most expensive car I've ever purchased (I bought my 911 as CPO).

2. Speed. The RWD offers what I wanted in terms of pickup. Anything faster and I simply catch up to traffic faster, or get more speeding tickets. I also read some articles that spoke to the huge weight difference between the two vehicles and figured the RWD might be more nimble.

3. Resale: At the time of purchase I didn't have good information to use this as a measure, but at the same time I intended to keep the car for at least 5 years (did not lease).

4. Specs: By spending less on the model, I could justify spending more on spec-ing the car and bought a bunch of cool upgrades to the vehicle.

I've not regretted the RWD decision and would make it again if I were to start over.
Goood words

alot of guys said the rwd is more fun and comfort in driving

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24, GLE 300D / Macan4 on order
Country flag
Just find a 4S or a GTS 😂😂😂😂

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I will add some comments from my recent experience with a RWD loaner as a turbo owner. I do think the RWD is underpowered however in city traffic it is more than capable and still quite fun. Where I think the RWD shines is in the feeling of its handling. Hard to really nail it down it just feels more natural. The RWD I have on loaner has no sport options and is on the steel suspension. Where my turbo has all performance options available. While the turbo is more competent than the RWD it doesn’t quite feel as natural. Both are still fun. For me the perfect Taycan would be a steel suspension 550-600 hp RWD Taycan. The air suspension is great but for a long term sports sedan I think steel suspension is the way to go.

With all this said for the same money I would still go turbo. For the price difference when new the RWD is hard to beat.

ODC

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Something I didn't read in the opening post, what is the price difference between the 2 CARS?

But in short I would say:
- If your priority is accelerating (0-100) and performance then the answer is that you need to buy the Turbo.
- If you are OCD like me and don't want to ride a used car (I know there a users that take care) and warranty is priority then buy the NEW car.

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
I will add some comments from my recent experience with a RWD loaner as a turbo owner. I do think the RWD is underpowered however in city traffic it is more than capable and still quite fun. Where I think the RWD shines is in the feeling of its handling. Hard to really nail it down it just feels more natural. The RWD I have on loaner has no sport options and is on the steel suspension. Where my turbo has all performance options available. While the turbo is more competent than the RWD it doesn’t quite feel as natural. Both are still fun. For me the perfect Taycan would be a steel suspension 550-600 hp RWD Taycan. The air suspension is great but for a long term sports sedan I think steel suspension is the way to go.

With all this said for the same money I would still go turbo. For the price difference when new the RWD is hard to beat.
so what is the difference in feeling between steel suspension and air suspension?

OP
OP
Ev new man

Ev new man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne s
Country flag
Something I didn't read in the opening post, what is the price difference between the 2 CARS?

But in short I would say:
- If your priority is accelerating (0-100) and performance then the answer is that you need to buy the Turbo.
- If you are OCD like me and don't want to ride a used car (I know there a users that take care) and warranty is priority then buy the NEW car.
if the used like new am ok with it
but if not of course the new will be my choice
specially on Ev car which i dont have enough data and experience

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
so what is the difference in feeling between steel suspension and air suspension?
Just has a more natural lean compared to the air. The air suspension is superior don’t get me wrong. However if I was buying to keep I would stick with the natural steel suspension and skip the air. The air suspension will only be a headache at some point in time.

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
I think one important consideration for mileage is not necessarily the wear and tear but the balance of battery warranty.
If the car has 30k miles on the clock, it’s 1/3 of warranty “life” gone
Sponsored