f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Ad defo the Taycan would be perfect with a V8 and manual gearbox.
Joking apart I have a flat plane crank V8 car which revs to 8500 and sounds fabulous - 3 pedals and 6-speed manual and I love it.
But I haven't got it out of the garage since the Taycan arrived and now it is on SORN ;)

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You should post pics for those who haven't seen it. It is a very unique and complimentary color combo.
Porsche Taycan OK so I picked up my Taycan in January 2022 so now a year and 6000 miles old. Likes mainly! IMG_0249

I have posted this picture before, auto colour balance in phones and pads usually get the colours very wrong but this isn’t too bad.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Vesuvius grey wheels still available….at least on the US configurator..

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Have to admit - in my head that color combo sounded odd but it’s pretty cool in the pics.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My one regret with my GTS has been the 18 way seats over the 14 way. I’m sure they are absolutely fine for 36 inch waists, but for us, slightly larger and older bodies, a little too hugging. OK on the short journeys but painful on the longer ones.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Seats seem like such an individual experience. I would never have thought I'd prefer the 18-way over the 14-way. But I ended up getting a loaner Taycan 4S with 18-way's for a week while my own car was in repair – and was blown away with how comfortable I found them.

They are the default too on the Turbo S and I wasn't even nearly tempted to option them out. But I can see how for some they are probably a bit too "bucket like".

I've never sat in a 911 with bucket seats for longer than a minute in a show room. I assume they always get uncomfortable after an hour or two?

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I excitedly ordered my car 3 days after a test drive showed it was a way better car than I had expected.
Despite being huge and heavy the driving made it seem smaller (except, it turns out, on some of the twisty narrow roads around here where the width is a major bummer).
It was July 2021 which turned out to be unfortunate timing - not sure if it was because I was a new customer, unexpectedly large number of orders or paying cash so less profitable but the discussed allocation in October with delivery early in the new year never materialised :( I ended up waiting until April 2022 before the spec was fixed by which time Bose and matrix lights were unavailable and even then it took until the end of July to almost “finish” the car - with 12V battery missing - then another 4 months in storage waiting.

I actually considered cancelling my order but had another demo to check if my enthusiasm had waned and it hadn’t. The only thing was the original demo was on 20” wheels and the second on 21” and the ride was notably worse so I had a bit of a re-think on my order since a ST GTS was also announced by then. Anyway my favourite Taycan wheels are the 21” Cross Turismo and other aspects of the Cross Turismo such as 20mm more suspension travel and compass instead of stopwatch were deciding factors.

At the time the cars were fetching over list used and electricity was still cheap…

My spec is unusual since most people’s “must haves” were often my “don’t want and glad to be able to avoids” so there were zero used ones for sale with a spec I would get my wallet out for.

Anyway the car has been a joy and I love it. One of the reasons I went for the CT was that my most frequent passenger is my dog, but whilst he has been in it he never settles as well as he does in our PHEV Prius where he can see out when he is lying down - if I open both cars and say “jump in” he invariable chooses the Prius, so I am still driving that more than I expected.

Now the massive depreciation is with me I’d be a bit fed up if I could have waited and got one to my spec cheaper but in fact there are currently none of the ones I see for sale I would buy, and I usually keep cars 6 years +.

So what do I like most?

The most popular option has been the 14-way massage ventilated seats.

The double bubble roof still looks so much nicer than a dark sheet of glass to me, a must since I also haven’t liked the glass roof on any previous car that had it as standard.
Not having privacy glass also makes the car much nicer looking and, presumably, lighter inside. A boon since most cars have it thrust upon you in the more upmarket specs as if it were in some way a luxury.
The blackberry leather looks gorgeous and is burnishing nicely with age, I particularly like that the steering wheel isn’t black.
I love the 21” CT wheels but I chose painting to get rid of the machined highlights I dislike - I went with the nla Vesuvius grey, smashing.

I decided a 4S was the sweet spot here in the UK where its power/price ratio was best in the range. Not once felt I needed more power round here.
I got torque vectoring, rear wheel steering and active anti roll bars though since it is cornering prowess that matters on our roads not dragster emulation.
I can definitely feel the torque vectoring effect but the other two just should be better than not having them and I assume Porsche know what they are doing.
I have once been front at a traffic lights so I did try launch but I was on winter tyres in the wet on a single track road so nowt to say.

I missed out on matrix lights but am not dissatisfied with the PDLS+ which come as standard. I would be more disappointed if I did as much night driving as I used to but I’m OK with the lights apart from their auto dip which doesn’t always do what I want.

I am a music lover and listening to music at home and going to concerts is a big part of my leisure - my wife is a professional musician and several musicians in the family.
I was therefore concerned by some dire criticism of the standard audio which was imposed due to parts shortage from Bose and Burmester. I am sitting in a dedicated listening room as I type with excellent sound and I have been quite satisfied by the even frequency response and fairly low colouration of the standard Taycan system, so pleasantly surprised.Don’t understand the criticism, I do have the noise insulating glass but have no way of evaluating its contribution - it couldn’t be worse than standard and I am used to spending money to get a better listening environment. The background noise in here is 25dB and in the cruising car >70dB so expecting good accurate sound in a car is bonkers anyway.

I got the luggage compartment net but haven't used it finding a boot liner ideal.

The Mamba green and the Vesuvius grey wheels which I like better than all the other choices are no longer available so I’m glad I am keeping the car a long time.

I didn’t bother with the plastic off road trim or roof rails and I am pleased I didn’t.
I disliked the faux sound, switched it off within seconds on demo so didn’t spec it and haven’t missed it.
I didn’t bother with any of the crests or other prints on the leather - neither noticed nor missed.
The first time I’ve had a heated steering wheel and really like it.
I have 2 hands so didn’t need the electric charge hatch.

Quite a few items optional on the Taycan were standard on the Prius so I had to decide if more than completely free was worth it to me for some features…
Head up display I quite like but more expensive than it is worth to me and I haven’t missed it.
I haven’t had a single warning from night vision in 6 years so didn’t bother with it when I had to pay extra - maybe I would have if I still drove as much at night as I used to.
I was delighted not to have adaptive cruise control since I hate it and it was imposed in the latest Prius and found it so irritating I stopped cruise control most of the time.
Homelink hasn’t worked so glad it wasn’t expensive - I wouldn’t bother again.
I didn’t bother with comfort access - not worth the cost to me.

I did get the 150kW 400V charger mod but haven’t used it yet - I have only charged away from home a handful of times, never been near an Ionity charger and the most convenient for me isn’t on the sat nav so no preconditioning for it :(

Overall my requirement for a quite comfortable car with good handling and a good turn of speed are perfectly met by my Taycan. Best car I could have, probably, and the only spec disappointment has been Homelink.
Enjoyed reading this very much.

Many similar thoughts behind my config, among them Mamba green, no privacy glass and no motors on the charge ports. Agree that your interior looks great, but I chose Bordeaux/black.

I think Mission E are the best-looking wheels. For winter I have 20" Offroad Design which I had painted all black. But Vesuvius grey would possibly have been nicer, there is a bit much black on my car in winter setup now.

As an architect I had a couple of sound studio projects long ago, and I thought the double glazing would help very little at reducing noise in the car. The sound level is much higher than in a soundproofed room anyway, and a couple dB difference is not important.

But side by side comparisons (better than I did with demo cars before deciding) could prove me wrong. Same with rear axle steering and active anti roll bars, neither of which I have. Should you ever come to southern Norway, we could arrange something...

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Seats seem like such an individual experience. I would never have thought I'd prefer the 18-way over the 14-way. But I ended up getting a loaner Taycan 4S with 18-way's for a week while my own car was in repair – and was blown away with how comfortable I found them.

They are the default too on the Turbo S and I wasn't even nearly tempted to option them out. But I can see how for some they are probably a bit too "bucket like".

I've never sat in a 911 with bucket seats for longer than a minute in a show room. I assume they always get uncomfortable after an hour or two?
Oh I totally agree I’ve been more comfortable in the 18 way. In fact that’s why I changed as my previous Taycan was uncomfortable. I only found it a problem on the longer journeys.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My one regret with my GTS has been the 18 way seats over the 14 way. I’m sure they are absolutely fine for 36 inch waists, but for us, slightly larger and older bodies, a little too hugging. OK on the short journeys but painful on the longer ones.

I was steered to the 14-way as the only option with massage seatbacks which had been recommended and have turned out to be very popular with everybody. I did a bit of back damage fooling about on the farm as a teenager and the massage is great.

Seats are inevitably designed for a "standard" shape in general and the more one deviates from it the less likely they are to be comfortable.
I am 6' 89kg so so about an average 10 kg overweight and the 14-way suit me well.

My wife is 5' 3" and all car seats put the headrest in a bad place for her with the Taycan being probably the worst yet since it has zero vertical adjustment. She made a kneck pillow out of an old pair of my cords which is better but she finds pretty well all car seats uncomfortable though a combination of the ride, multiple adjustments and her neck pillow the Taycan has been our best car yet for her on the few long journeys we have done so far.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have to admit - in my head that color combo sounded odd but it’s pretty cool in the pics.
Green and purple are "officially" complementary colours.

I first saw it in some duffle bags Boss used in their Formula 1 marketing in the 1980s with some clothes delivered in it and loved the combination from the start.

We still use the duffle and the availability of the combination in the Taycan options list was fortuitous and a joy to me as it turned out.

Normally I favour a pale interior since the sun heats it less but this was my 2 favourite colours available together.