PMC+ 32A supply

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Morning all
I stupidly optioned the 16A supply cable for the Mobile Charger Plus, thinking I would also get the standard 32A supply cable too (having never owned an EV, I wasn't sure how this all worked). Only the 16A supply came with the charger. Now I am only getting 3.5kW rather than the 7.3kW I should be getting through the charger, therefore doubling the time taken for a charge.
I contacted my porsche garage about this but they are saying its up to my electrician to sort. Surely I need the 32A supply cable from porsche, though, alongside upgrading my 16A supply to 32A?
Any information would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Morning all
I stupidly optioned the 16A supply cable for the Mobile Charger Plus, thinking I would also get the standard 32A supply cable too (having never owned an EV, I wasn't sure how this all worked). Only the 16A supply came with the charger. Now I am only getting 3.5kW rather than the 7.3kW I should be getting through the charger, therefore doubling the time taken for a charge.
I contacted my porsche garage about this but they are saying its up to my electrician to sort. Surely I need the 32A supply cable from porsche, though, alongside upgrading my 16A supply to 32A?
Any information would be appreciated, thanks.
Hi, there is already a thread on this iin case you've not seen / read it.

You need 32A end to end - mains supply, cables, sockets and fused 32A supply from your mains fuse board.

Unfortunate if you changed the standard cabling from Porsche as there was no need to given the car comes with a 32A setup.

Simply order / source a compatible 32A supply to EVSE (PMC+) cable either from Porsche or elsewhere (and see if they will exchange).

Last edited: