Porsche dealership just called for a recall

joneffingvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealership (Porsche Long Beach) in southern California just called me to let me know there were recalls and to schedule an appointment. Have any of guys had these recall done:

1. Reprogramming control unit onboard psm
  2. Replacement passenger compartment heater
I purchased the car a month ago (certified), and the carfax/history was spotless, with no recalls or replacements. The car has been driving flawlessly. So I'm kinda interested in knowing if any of you guys have had this recall or issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joneffingvo

joneffingvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Welcome! Get the alphanumeric code for each recall, then do a forum search. That will also lead you to the US government agency notices for them.
Interestingly I went to the Porsche website and ntsb and put in my VIN but nothing came up. I’ll try to get the codes

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
NHTSA and Porsche accounts don't show all the recalls. I checked my VIN and it was clean but Porsche found some open recalls during a service visit. I wouldn't be too worried if you're not experiencing any errors.

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I am getting both of those next week when my roof is replaced. Neither are pressing if the heater currently works is what my advisor said when I scheduled it.

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
The passenger compartment heaters are being replaced in all the Taycans via a rolling process as they have the new heaters. Their is an issue with the current heaters with some electronics in them frying. Your Taycan finally came up for its heater replacement, which is great. I had mine done a couple months ago along with the PCM update, which fixes a few bugs that were occasionally popping up. I dropped my car off in the morning at 8 am and it was ready by 3 pm. I have had no issues since the work was done. Congrats on your Taycan! You are going to love it!

Reactions: D00

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My dealership (Porsche Long Beach) in southern California just called me to let me know there were recalls and to schedule an appointment. Have any of guys had these recall done:

I purchased the car a month ago (certified), and the carfax/history was spotless, with no recalls or replacements. The car has been driving flawlessly. So I'm kinda interested in knowing if any of you guys have had this recall or issue.
This sounds like an old recall where perhaps your car was overlooked if not owned from new or an admin error.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

I had that recall in March.

Having the heater replaced is better than having it fail in service IMO, like several others.

My car wasn't showing any problems before I got the message from my dealer either.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag

Best to check via your VIN My 2020 only reports the cable problem which I’ve alleviated by purchasing a new EVSE from Emporia.

OP
OP
joneffingvo

joneffingvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s the only recall that shows up on my carfax. However, I installed a ChargePoint home charger, so not really needed.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
In shop today for a safety and light calibration after replacing my third windshield. I don't feel too bad, the recalibration price only went up $100 from $1,350 to $1,450 in nine months. They are also doing these two campaigns noted above. I was told they don't take long to do. The calibration is at least 5 hours.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
The passenger compartment heaters are being replaced in all the Taycans via a rolling process as they have the new heaters. Their is an issue with the current heaters with some electronics in them frying. Your Taycan finally came up for its heater replacement, which is great. I had mine done a couple months ago along with the PCM update, which fixes a few bugs that were occasionally popping up. I dropped my car off in the morning at 8 am and it was ready by 3 pm. I have had no issues since the work was done. Congrats on your Taycan! You are going to love it!
In the Uk I think it's currently wait and replace as they break. Not a great idea as of curse they only fail when stressed ie mid winter in the UK. Mine packed up over Xmas 23 and was told six weeks. for a repair and offers a crummy enterprise here car- No thanks. So I said- ' not really good enough' and it was done in three days!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
In shop today for a safety and light calibration after replacing my third windshield. I don't feel too bad, the recalibration price only went up $100 from $1,350 to $1,450 in nine months. They are also doing these two campaigns noted above. I was told they don't take long to do. The calibration is at least 5 hours.
So about double the cost of a service then. What a p-take. If it takes 5 hours to do that, it means it's a crap design.
Sponsored