Rusk

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I wonder if this has something to do with multiple people receiving car in the last month reporting comfort access being enabled when not factory ordered. I picked up my CT4S late December and enabled the ALK via FOD which worked great. Comfort access is listed as available to activate but I haven't as it is currently working so I'm leaving that for as long as it lasts!
Sponsored

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
So I just picked up my MY22 new the other day and I’m not seeing any FOD options on my menus. I assume it would have all current updates.
Curious if this ended up working for you?
I considering the purchase of a used 2022 4CT that has ACC but not PID so I want to be sure that I can add ALK via FOD.
(TIA!)

utsteve98

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Curious if this ended up working for you?
I considering the purchase of a used 2022 4CT that has ACC but not PID so I want to be sure that I can add ALK via FOD.
(TIA!)
Yes sir. It came active like 2 days ago finally. I was able to add the ALK and PiD. Seeing how much I like them before committing permanently.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Yes sir. It came active like 2 days ago finally. I was able to add the ALK and PiD. Seeing how much I like them before committing permanently.
Thanks for the confirmation on that.
Ironically, the dealer's "Certified Brand Ambassador" doesn't seem to know that FOD exists.
But the build lacks the 2+1 for skis pass-through, so I'll probably take a pass, with pun somewhat intended.
(And I know, skis can go on the 40 split, but I really like the center pass-through feature.)

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE 300D
Country flag
I can also see Car Security Package and Data Package Plus 7GB into my connect-store page on porsche.

I do have ACC fitted but not innodrive or ALK so I would expect to be able to do buy those?

It looks like from this thread that in the past the functionality wasn't there for MY22 models.....mine is a MY24...does anyone have any suggestions?

A

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For reference, this is what I can see on the page

Porsche Taycan Purchasing and adding features via.. Function On Demand S

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can also see Car Security Package and Data Package Plus 7GB into my connect-store page on porsche.

I do have ACC fitted but not innodrive or ALK so I would expect to be able to do buy those?

It looks like from this thread that in the past the functionality wasn't there for MY22 models.....mine is a MY24...does anyone have any suggestions?

A
Functionality has been there since MY20. Availability is determined by your car's options due to hardware requirements. If factory fitted then some FoD features should be presented to you. With ACC innodrive is / was an option for example but typically not worth the cost.

Check with your dealer that your car is setup correctly (it should be) and ut could be that Porsche have withdrawn some FoD options temporarily.

Data package - skip

Car Security- can be worth it.

Not much else going as I imagine you already have power steering plus. If not this would be available too as would Comfort Opening.

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for this.

I have power steering plus and (for some reason) comfort access (which wasn't part of the specs). However, I was expecting to find Innodrive and Active Lane Keeping, which is actually the option I would like to buy.

I'll try to reach out to the dealer

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for this.

I have power steering plus and (for some reason) comfort access (which wasn't part of the specs). However, I was expecting to find Innodrive and Active Lane Keeping, which is actually the option I would like to buy.

I'll try to reach out to the dealer
Certainly worth a trial but be warned that the system is flawed (try it out on other Porsche models) and leads to unexpected (and quite alarming) consequences - only as good as the data and road markings the cameras can read. In UK, road markings are poor as are speed markings - you can experience some of what to expect by simply engaging the standard cruise option which factors speed limits into how you drive. Downright dangerous - used it once and never (ever) again!

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's a shame, I had it on my previous bmw 8 series and really loved it :(

kurand

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, Lotus Elise S1
Country flag
Also note that in the UK, the speed recognition system seems to react quite poorly to overhead gantry colour on black variable speed signs on smart motorways etc. It seems to have particular difficulty distinguishing between 50 and 60, and also doesn’t seems to detect national speed limit signs. It’s very poor with the orange on black signs on older gantries.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Also note that in the UK, the speed recognition system seems to react quite poorly to overhead gantry colour on black variable speed signs on smart motorways etc. It seems to have particular difficulty distinguishing between 50 and 60, and also doesn’t seems to detect national speed limit signs. It’s very poor with the orange on black signs on older gantries.
Not had those issues but incorrect speeds from incorrect mapping where no speed sign is visible. 40 mph zones can become 30 mph zones for example. Missing end of restrictions is also an issue. So some issues are not the tech per se but the dependencies are.
Sponsored