First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys,

What is the range you get with %85 battery for Taycan 4S Performance plus in normal mode with city driving?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Around 280km
Thank you.What year is your car or how many km does it have ? Mine is just 700 km and I make about 300 km with %85 battery..Do you think it’s ok

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No idea how much I can actually drive, but my guessometer says I have 328-339 at 80% every single morning (I charge up to 80%).
MY21 4S with 40k km.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Around 280km
isn't that very pessimistic ? He mentions city driving.

I surely get more than that with the small battery. The plus battery should be 15% more.
So that would be about 330 km.

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
isn't that very pessimistic ? He mentions city driving.

I surely get more than that with the small battery. The plus battery should be 15% more.
So that would be about 330 km.
I turn on electric sport sound, A/C in normal mode and seat ventilation on. Do have them on as well?(recuperation auto)

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I turn on electric sport sound, A/C in normal mode and seat ventilation on. Do have them on as well?(recuperation auto)
280 km at 85% in city driving seems very low to me. I can certainly do +400km (at 100%) in the summer for city driving with ac (eco) sport sound.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
In heavy traffic on a hot day the A/C will be consuming a significant proportion of the energy used.

Reactions: B61

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In heavy traffic on a hot day the A/C will be consuming a significant proportion of the energy used.
I see, actually I use A/C a lot outside temperature around 25-30 degrees

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I see, actually I use A/C a lot outside temperature around 25-30 degrees
A/C is the only electrical item other than the traction motor using significant power. The headlights a bit but nowhere near the A/C, be it heating or particularly cooling.
In a hot traffic jam where you are crawling along at 5 to 10 kph on a hot day it will be a really significant proportion of the battery used.
I haven't checked my Taycan but my plug in hybrid loses about ⅓ of its range if I switch A/C on when it is really hot.

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A/C is the only electrical item other than the traction motor using significant power. The headlights a bit but nowhere near the A/C, be it heating or particularly cooling.
In a hot traffic jam where you are crawling along at 5 to 10 kph on a hot day it will be a really significant proportion of the battery used.
I haven't checked my Taycan but my plug in hybrid loses about ⅓ of its range if I switch A/C on when it is really hot.
Good point, thank you

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I don't have the fake sound. But that doesn't consume a significant amount of energy.
With city driving in the summer, I can easily get 380km (100%, small battery). With big battery you should get about 15% extra. So you should surely go above 400km.
In the winter 10% less.

OP
OP
Kaan34

Kaan34

First Name
Kaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't have the fake sound. But that doesn't consume a significant amount of energy.
With city driving in the summer, I can easily get 380km (100%, small battery). With big battery you should get about 15% extra. So you should surely go above 400km.
In the winter 10% less.
I see , ok thanks a lot..I’ll monitor the range more carefully and see what happens

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi guys,

What is the range you get with %85 battery for Taycan 4S Performance plus in normal mode with city driving?
Plenty of data on the forum if you take time to search.

No straight answer as there are many variables: age of car, mileage, ambient temperature, battery temperature, AC settings, wheel size and so on.

Use the Porsche range calculator to get a good estimate.

Summer time 225 miles or more wouldn't be unrealistic.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
AC will probably max out at 2KW (so approximately 6 miles range lost per hour of driving when AC is maxed out). Worth noting that heating consumes even more (on a cold day).
Sponsored