Rear Spoiler Indicator in Instrument Cluster?

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Probably a dumb question but does the below icon to the right of the ride height indicator just mean that the rear spoiler is extended? When I slow down to stop and check the icon goes away (which probably answers my question). I just want to make sure it’s not an error symbol. I checked Good to Know under Spoiler and it doesn’t say anything about the icon. Sorry the picture is a little blurry. I took it while I was driving to catch the icon (also dumb).
Porsche Taycan Rear Spoiler Indicator in Instrument Cluster? E72F8343-47CD-425F-B412-CCBB1D313CF7
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I would assume so. That’s how I’ve always interpreted it. But I couldn’t find anything specific on the icon. I thought it might show which position it’s in, but I think I’ve only ever seen the one state.

OP
OP
madeyong

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I would assume so. That’s how I’ve always interpreted it. But I couldn’t find anything specific on the icon. I thought it might show which position it’s in, but I think I’ve only ever seen the one state.
Right. It looks like it’s pointing up and down. At first I got nervous and thought I was driving with the trunk open…

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Yeah, that icon indicates that the spoiler is deployed. If you want to see it activated while you are sitting still, go to the Home icon in the central display and select Settings, Vehicle, Manual Cleaning Position Spoiler and the icon will light up.

This procedure is mentioned in the manual but oddly, and as mentioned, the light itself isn't referenced anywhere that I could find.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah, that icon indicates that the spoiler is deployed. If you want to see it activated while you are sitting still, go to the Home icon in the central display and select Settings, Vehicle, Manual Cleaning Position Spoiler and the icon will light up.

This procedure is mentioned in the manual but oddly, and as mentioned, the light itself isn't referenced anywhere that I could find.
Curious what speed you were going (if comfortable sharing) I’ve only ever seen my indicator show when cleaning the car.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Curious what speed you were going (if comfortable sharing) I’ve only ever seen my indicator show when cleaning the car.
Sorry - this was directed to Mike’s first post

Last edited:

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry - this was directed to Mike’s first post
I think you probably mean @madeyong's first post. ;)

BTW, according to Porsche the Taycan spoiler deploys in three different stages; at 56 mph, 99 mph, and 124 mph.

JD4S

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think you probably mean @madeyong's first post. ;)

BTW, according to Porsche the Taycan spoiler deploys in three different stages; at 56 mph, 99 mph, and 124 mph.
Yes and I’ve yet to see my indicator light come on at any of those speeds. Wasn’t sure if stayed on while up at those speed brackets.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes and I’ve yet to see my indicator light come on at any of those speeds. Wasn’t sure if stayed on while up at those speed brackets.
Honestly, I've never noticed it either except when operating the manual function. But the OP has the photo of it while he was driving so I'll have to pay closer attention.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Drive in range mode and the spoiler will deploy and the icon will be visible. The car also lowers, so the icon left of the spoiler icon will also be visible.

OP
OP
madeyong

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I was in sport plus and had a straightaway on an open road so did a hard acceleration. High 90s but I don’t think I got it to triple digit MPH. I was able to repeat it coming back the other way after noticing the icon in the display the first time and snapped the picture the second time. It stays on until I dropped below somewhere in the 60s and then turned off again. This was the first time I noticed it but I don’t drive in sport plus all that often. I also think there may be a difference between hard acceleration from a low speed vs. an acceleration when starting at 70 but that’s just a guess.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I find that whole indicator to be very confusing and possibly inaccurate. Based on the chart that was linked above, the spoiler should be raising at certain speeds based on the driving mode that you're in. In my 7 months of ownership, I've only ever seen the indicator on when in Sport Plus mode, never in Sport or Normal when the spoiler should be up according to the Porsche materials.

Of course, you can't tell if it's actually up unless you have someone following you and reporting back. I just chalk it up to one of those random Taycan quirks, but curious to know if others find the indicator to be accurate.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It definitely comes up in normal at normal highway speeds (60-70mph). I was following behind my wife a few weeks ago and saw it come up and I know she only drives in normal. But it’s very very slight at that speed.