Recall: Free HV Heater Replacement for Your Taycan Now Available ..

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I know many people have had heater failures but mine has been fine for the last 3 years.

Anyway, today I got a recall on the heater for my '21 Taycan:

Porsche is committed to customer satisfaction and has decided to replace the High Voltage Battery Heater (HV Heater) in certain Taycan vehicles, including yours. The replacement HV heater for your Taycan is now available at your Porsche Center and we urge you to make an appointment to have this FREE service performed as soon as possible.

To my surprise they said that it also had other recalls (that I had not heard about) including "sensors": (?) and some updates...anyway, in a couple of weeks it will (hopefully) be serviced.

Has anyone else been recalled for the heater?
Sponsored

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I've noticed quite a few recalls do not show up on a NHTSA search of my VIN. I also had 3 sensors replaced (can't recall the campaign right now) during an inspection.

OP
OP
RBGtaycan

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I've noticed quite a few recalls do not show up on a NHTSA search of my VIN. I also had 3 sensors replaced (can't recall the campaign right now) during an inspection.
Porsche.com does not even show this "recall" for my car (altho I have the email from them)..I suspect it's not defined as a "recall (safety)"..but maybe "spontaneous goodwill" !?&^

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are many posts and threads on this forum about Taycan heater recall, including links to Porsche TSBs about it. Forum search and google search are your friends.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
There are many posts and threads on this forum about Taycan heater recall, including links to Porsche TSBs about it. Forum search and google search are your friends.
Type in heater recall only this thread comes up 😂😂

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I had the call a few weeks ago and the update was done this week. If I remember the work list correctly there was a heater hardware replacement and two software updates.

Vikram

First Name
Vikram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I know many people have had heater failures but mine has been fine for the last 3 years.

Anyway, today I got a recall on the heater for my '21 Taycan:

Porsche is committed to customer satisfaction and has decided to replace the High Voltage Battery Heater (HV Heater) in certain Taycan vehicles, including yours. The replacement HV heater for your Taycan is now available at your Porsche Center and we urge you to make an appointment to have this FREE service performed as soon as possible.

To my surprise they said that it also had other recalls (that I had not heard about) including "sensors": (?) and some updates...anyway, in a couple of weeks it will (hopefully) be serviced.

No recall but mine went bad (in the middle of winter). One dealer said he had 12 cars waiting for the part to come in for the last 2 months. Luckily I called the other one in Boston and they replaced it in 2 days.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I've received a couple of recent e-mails direct from Porsche regarding the heater recall. My issue is that I've also received written notice in the mail regarding the battery cell problem for which parts are not yet available as well as the recall on the 220V cable for the charger for which there are also no replacement parts.

Since it's 40+ miles one-way to my dealer I'd rather not make multiple trips to resolve these things and will probably wait until I can get everything addressed with one visit.

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I had mine replaced last year december and I thought I would have gotten the latest....however dealer told me to come in again early June to replace the HV Heater again....does anyone know which HV heater goes is...must be different from the one I have installed 6 months ago.
Turbo S CT.
Greetz.
Sponsored