Recommend service at 20K miles for a 2022 4S?

Vikram

First Name
Vikram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi All,

My 4S is coming up to 20K miles and I am wondering if the recommended maintenance is necessary? Prior to this car I had the Tesla Model S and in 6 years / 80K miles I never once had it serviced. I once asked a Tesla tech if I should have it serviced and he said "some people bring it and some don't so it is not really necessary".

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
Porsche promised dealers they would make money on servicing Ev’s. Just my opinion.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All,

My 4S is coming up to 20K miles and I am wondering if the recommended maintenance is necessary? Prior to this car I had the Tesla Model S and in 6 years / 80K miles I never once had it serviced. I once asked a Tesla tech if I should have it serviced and he said "some people bring it and some don't so it is not really necessary".

Thoughts?
Yes it is. The main event is the brake fluid change. It requires replacement every two years - hydrophobic liquid and absorbs water over time.

BigV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan, 2023 Mercedes EQE 500 SUV
Country flag
Hi All,

Thoughts?
I would recommend it just to ensure your warranty remains active since Porsche calls it a “required service.”

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
As mentioned the brake fluid change is at two year intervals as is the cabin air filter change. I did this myself and showed the receipts to my dealer. I paid them for an inspection of the car which resulted in a reset of the service indicator. It cost me $179.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Porsche aside, German specifications for automobiles are tighter than almost every other manufacturer. The idea is that they are targeting performance and reliability under the most extreme conditions. Porsche is no different here. You can absolutely defer maintenance without an immediate impact, however just know that this isn’t typical for the brand so a future owner (or dealer) may penalize this decision relative to resale value.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi All,

Thoughts?
My 2022 RWD is at 18,600 miles, and yesterday the PCM displayed a message about replacing the cabin air filter (yeah, Arizona USA air is pretty dusty). My 20k service is already scheduled for early June when my wife is out of town and I won't need a loaner.

CB1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
As mentioned the brake fluid change is at two year intervals as is the cabin air filter change. I did this myself and showed the receipts to my dealer. I paid them for an inspection of the car which resulted in a reset of the service indicator. It cost me $179.
curious, which brake fluid did you use?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
curious, which brake fluid did you use?
I use the Porsche Dot 4 brake fluid, about $40 from Amazon. A fresh can for each flush and save the receipt.

CB1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I use the Porsche Dot 4 brake fluid, about $40 from Amazon. A fresh can for each flush and save the receipt.
Thanks! Will be following your footsteps and do my own service.
Sponsored