RWD - Rear Axle Steering or Massaging Seats?

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Freeze date is coming up pretty soon in 6 days for my RWD. Last decision is do I keep rear axle steering or massaging seats? I am conflicted as I am hearing rear axle steering really makes the car even more fun to drive and easier to maintain the big length/width.

I am also hearing the massaging seats are amazing and everyone who has optioned them didn't regret it.

I have been at three dealers and none have an optioned massage seats for me to try out. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Freeze date is coming up pretty soon in 6 days for my RWD. Last decision is do I keep rear axle steering or massaging seats? I am conflicted as I am hearing rear axle steering really makes the car even more fun to drive and easier to maintain the big length/width.

I am also hearing the massaging seats are amazing and everyone who has optioned them didn't regret it.

I have been at three dealers and none have an optioned massage seats for me to try out. Any thoughts?
I have neither - but without a doubt rear axle steering. You are buying a drivers car not a luxury limo. Once you get your car and you get that 'seat of the pants' feel of aggressive cornering you won't have time to think about someone running their fingers up and down your spin...................🧐

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
We have a 2021 RWD with both RAS and massage seats. Go for both.

RAS is essential as the Taycan is a big car. Very evident at slow speeds like parking. High speed I can't really tell.

Massage seats are really nice and used daily by my wife on her work commute.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Much as I like the massaging seats, if I had to pick only one..... RAS without a doubt. It is really helpful, I use that much tight turning circle every single day.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Depends on your driving environment, what you’re used to driving, and what you want out of the car.

Is the Taycan bigger than what you drive now?
if not, do you have issues parking and driving what you have now?
Do you like massages generally?

We went from a Pananera to a Taycan. The Midwest is fairly open and easy to drive larger vehicles. We didn’t have any issues with the Panamera without RAS and the Taycan is better out of the box without RAS.

We have massaging seats and I don’t like them. But I also hate massages. Could be related. My wife loves them.

The car is her DD. RAS over massage seats would be an awful choice for her.

I would be fine with neither.

OP
OP
NuJerzPorsche

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depends on your driving environment, what you’re used to driving, and what you want out of the car.

Is the Taycan bigger than what you drive now?
if not, do you have issues parking and driving what you have now?
Do you like massages generally?

We went from a Pananera to a Taycan. The Midwest is fairly open and easy to drive larger vehicles. We didn’t have any issues with the Panamera without RAS and the Taycan is better out of the box without RAS.

We have massaging seats and I don’t like them. But I also hate massages. Could be related. My wife loves them.

The car is her DD. RAS over massage seats would be an awful choice for her.

I would be fine with neither.
This car is significantly bigger and wider than my car before.

I want to have fun with this car and I am in Texas so plenty of space, open along with a garage for two. I had massage seats on a Merc before and it was good but I heard this one in the Taycan is even better.

This car is going to be my DD btw.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I had massage seats on a Merc before and it was good but I heard this one in the Taycan is even better.
I don’t have anything to compare it to, but my wife turn them on every time she’s in the car.

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
Both. The RAS is amazing at making a big car turn in a small space, and also makes for snappy lane changes on the highway. The massage seats are nice most any day. I have them both on my panamera ST hybrid and ordered both for my Taycan CT.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Massage seats are hit and miss - some people generally don't really like them in general, even if th seats themselves do a good job. Unless you've enjoyed massaging seats in general (whether it's a reclining chair or otherwise), RAS is more likely to provide tangible benefits all the time

Reactions: B61

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
This car is significantly bigger and wider than my car before.

I want to have fun with this car and I am in Texas so plenty of space, open along with a garage for two. I had massage seats on a Merc before and it was good but I heard this one in the Taycan is even better.

This car is going to be my DD btw.
RAS makes the car really special in parking lots and tight spaces. It’s crazy how much it helps the turning radius. If you have the premium package you could upgrade to the 18-way adaptive sport seats for less than $500, which I think is about $700 less than upgrading the 14-way comfort seats to massaging seats. I personally love the 18-way sport seats. Having tried all the options I would choose RAS and the 18-way seats (which has no massage but are VERY comfortable and adjustable).

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
Hey Guys,

BOTH, do not leave them out.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Both. We have RWS and am always impressed in how tight the turns are! Wife would like massage seats. I shouldn’t have done the 21” wheels - only mistake we made.

OP
OP
NuJerzPorsche

NuJerzPorsche

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Both. We have RWS and am always impressed in how tight the turns are! Wife would like massage seats. I shouldn’t have done the 21” wheels - only mistake we made.
Why no 21" rims? I have the 21" spyders on mines.