Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Awesome. They just seem the perfect fun spare car to me. Usable, small, light and fun.
I have enquired on pricing for the replacement PCM as well. It seems like a no-brainer!
Agreed on the no-brainer on the replacement PCM. My dealer did warn me that it costs again about the same as the new PCM unit to install it. I guess it is a bit of hassle to get it put in and programmed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Agreed on the no-brainer on the replacement PCM. My dealer did warn me that it costs again about the same as the new PCM unit to install it. I guess it is a bit of hassle to get it put in and programmed.
I’ve seen estimates of £1,400 online. We shall see.

The Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I am looking forward to getting my 997.2S out of storage next week and head over to Watkins Glen for opening day. I love my 2020 4S, but still look forward to driving my 911 in the non-winter months.
They indeed complement one another.
Make sure you call in to Nickle’s Pit bbq for their brisket on your trip!!

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I got my 911 back on the road (not a 997, but close - 996.2), and I absolutely can’t wait to drive it again after every drive. Won’t replace the Taycan as the daily/utility vehicle, but Fri-Sun drives of any kind/for any reason are automatically going to the Elf. I’m positively thrilled it hasn’t been eclipsed by the Taycan in any way (though probably the renewed, larger engine does help). Enjoy yours, they’re great cars.

OP
OP
kempez

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Had a really nice day today and so have had several fun drives before the 997 goes into the managed garage.

The driving of it is really nice. Small and light, direct steering which has great feel to it in turns, giving you confidence you know what will happen. Very close to off centre it’s *very* slightly floaty but not so it ruins the experience and is just a small quirk I guess. The gearbox is great once it has heat in it and the changes snick in really satisfyingly. The engine is lovely, bringing a real smile to your face when you can let it stretch its legs. It’s a fast car without being silly and really usable on the road. Sounds great too and gets a lot of looks, more than the Taycan because it has an engine and so it’s louder I think! But a lot of people i know have commented on it positively 🙂

Made me roll my eyes a bit that the garage who sold it to me managed to fill the tyres backwards - fronts had the PSI for the rear and vice versa 🤦🏼 but corrected now

There’s a few bits to get done, like any car this age: paintwork detailed, alloys I’ll refurb. I’ll get it to my brother-in-law who is a great mechanic with his own shop, to take a look on the ramp and triple check it all over but nothing I’m worried about.

I’m really happy with the purchase, this is a definite keeper that I feel like it will be just a brilliant sunny weekend car for many years to come and I’m planning a road trip with a mate fairly soon hopefully 👍🏻

Porsche Taycan Something a bit more 911… IMG_9280
Sponsored