martino

First Name
Tino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
As a follow up to the above. Got premium and Spotify does work. Sort of, barely, not really. The problem is not with Spotify specifically but Porsche. My Tesla (and this is not a Tesla vs Porsche comment) connects seamlessly and quickly in exactly the same spot in my driveway that the Porsche won't. The Porsche takes a very strong cellular signal to load and play content. So far the Tesla has no apparent problems with Spotify at any location. Porsche needs to upgrade to a better receiver perhaps? It has no effect on how well the car drives but it is very much a big part of the ownership experience in the current connected world. The PCM needs work. This would be really crappy execution by any manufacturer. From Porsche? Big letdown.
Can't agree more with this comment. It took from Sept 2022 to Feb 2023 for Porsche to get Spotify to work on my car. It was only after continually escalating the issue did the dealership get on to a Porsche person who solved the issue with the Porsche Connect account.

It seems that Porsche tunnel all the data from the cars to Germany which seems to have an impact on the bandwidth, particularly if you're not located in Europe.
I still find that Spotifiy buffers & drops out regularly. I never had these problems in my Tesla because they allow the cars to access the internet directly. Porsche really need to rethink their whole internet access strategy. It's currently a very poor implementation.
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
It seems that Porsche tunnel all the data from the cars to Germany which seems to have an impact on the bandwidth, particularly if you're not located in Europe.
I still find that Spotifiy buffers & drops out regularly.
Buffering and dropping out is not really fixing Spotify for you. Spotify does not seem to be well implemented on the Taycan. Even on those rare instances I get a strong enough signal for it to work the menu leaves something to be desired. Sirius does work and the menu isn't horrible. Car Play offers options. Nothing on Spotify seems worth getting my shorts in a bundle over but it is rather disappointing how poor the connectivity aspect of the car is. The car won't connect to home WiFi. With no LTE signal in my garage that makes my 2023 Taycan about as connected as my 1973 car until I get out on the road and pick up a signal. Something as useful/necessary as calculating a travel route can't be sent from the phone or done in the car while it is garaged. Pack up, drive to a strong enough signal and then plan the travel route? Smooth Porsche.