MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hi all, today I went out in the Taycan and the PCM was stuck on the Porsche logo and so never booted up. As I was going to play golf, I just left it knowing it is likely to reset. When I got back to the car, it did indeed start up, however Spotify won't log in. It is giving me an error code. I have since tried it a few times and still no luck. I have now connected through Android Auto, so am listening through that. Has anyone seen this error before? If so any advice? Thanks.

Porsche Taycan Spotify error 20240121_124341
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi all, today I went out in the Taycan and the PCM was stuck on the Porsche logo and so never booted up. As I was going to play golf, I just left it knowing it is likely to reset. When I got back to the car, it did indeed start up, however Spotify won't log in. It is giving me an error code. I have since tried it a few times and still no luck. I have now connected through Android Auto, so am listening through that. Has anyone seen this error before? If so any advice? Thanks.

20240121_124341.jpg
Could be a temporary issue but check that you still have Spotify (Premium) linked to your Porsche Connect ID (My Porsche website). If this was a trial then it may have expired and if so and you want to continue then remember integration is only with Spotify Premium.

Force-walker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, VW ID3
Country flag
Hello!

I have the same problem here in Sweden. Cannot login to my spotify in my Taycan, could just be problem with porsches servers.

Or Im not sure its related, but yesterday in Sweden there was a big ransomware/hacker attack (not sure of the English word). Which caused huge problems for several companies here in Sweden.

https://www.tietoevry.com/en/newsroom/all-news-and-releases/other-news/2024/01/mim-jan-20/

Im just guessing, so it could be that it has nothing to do with it.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Had the same issue yesterday (20-JAN-2024) here in USA, with Apple Music. In my case after leaving the car locked for 30+ mins it resolved itself. So it seems like it was a temporary outage for me, and is fine again now.

Edit: Spoke too soon-- today (21-JAN-2024) and it has started failing again same as others. I just decided to use apple CarPlay to play music during my errands today. But alas, my Apple Music is not connection just as everyone else; so it seems it's an outrage across the globe.

Last edited:

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same in Finland. So it’s a worldwide problem it seems

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Thanks all for your feedback. So it does seem like it is a wider issue. @W1NGE I will check my set up in the website, but I pay for Spotify premium, sonit should be ok, but I will make sure it is still linked. The car is only 1 month old, so I would hope it is not related to my Porsche account. I will have another look tomorrow in case it resolves itself.

travisfickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan
Country flag
I have the same problem (MY21 4S).

I revoked access to Apple Music and Apple Podcasts in My Porsche account (online) and reconnected. This did not work - the same error message appeared on the PCM.

I am taking my car to my local OPC this week for the non-urgent PCM update (I think 0880 but cannot recall) so I will ask about this then and provide an update if it gets fixed or I get some more information.

I now also receive a message a few minutes after I start up the vehicle: "No data volume available". This is despite having LTE connectivity i.e. having good signal for the on-board SIM. I wonder if that is connected to this issue? I did subscribe to a 7GB data package for a month when driving abroad (which I then cancelled) so it could be related to that instead.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have the same problem (MY21 4S).

I revoked access to Apple Music and Apple Podcasts in My Porsche account (online) and reconnected. This did not work - the same error message appeared on the PCM.

I am taking my car to my local OPC this week for the non-urgent PCM update (I think 0880 but cannot recall) so I will ask about this then and provide an update if it gets fixed or I get some more information.

I now also receive a message a few minutes after I start up the vehicle: "No data volume available". This is despite having LTE connectivity i.e. having good signal for the on-board SIM. I wonder if that is connected to this issue? I did subscribe to a 7GB data package for a month when driving abroad (which I then cancelled) so it could be related to that instead.
Thanks @travisfickle . Hopefully it is something that can be resolved relatively quickly.

travisfickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan
Country flag
This has cleared up for me today.

I am not sure if I did anything or whether it resolved itself.

The problem was still present this morning. This afternoon, I revoked access to Apple Music, this time by using the "Disconnect account" button on the My Porsche app (through the PCM Services button). I then reconnected.

When I got into my car about 30 minutes later, the Apple Music icon was visible and services were available. I did not have to sign in or connect again. I do not use Podcasts but assume this will function too since it seems to go hand-in-hand with Apple Music (in that I never enable Podcasts, but when I enable Apple Music on the web/app, Podcasts are automatically enabled).

These kinds of quirks are a bit annoying. But first world problems and all that. The enjoyment from owning a Taycan far outweighs the nuisance of temperamental software. I know people will have different views on that though!

I hope the issue is fixed for anyone else who had this problem.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
This has cleared up for me today.

I am not sure if I did anything or whether it resolved itself.

The problem was still present this morning. This afternoon, I revoked access to Apple Music, this time by using the "Disconnect account" button on the My Porsche app (through the PCM Services button). I then reconnected.

When I got into my car about 30 minutes later, the Apple Music icon was visible and services were available. I did not have to sign in or connect again. I do not use Podcasts but assume this will function too since it seems to go hand-in-hand with Apple Music (in that I never enable Podcasts, but when I enable Apple Music on the web/app, Podcasts are automatically enabled).

These kinds of quirks are a bit annoying. But first world problems and all that. The enjoyment from owning a Taycan far outweighs the nuisance of temperamental software. I know people will have different views on that though!

I hope the issue is fixed for anyone else who had this problem.
Mine resolved itself today as well. It was not working when I dropped the kids off at school, then this afternoon, it was connected automatically through Spotify.

I had not changed anything. I did check in the website to see if Spotify was still connected in the account and it was.

First World problems indeed.
Sponsored