2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
At this specific 150kW charger:

200144-03
150kW
Walmart @
3382 Murphy Canyon Rd.
San Diego, CA. 92123

I plugged in and immediately got "Initializing Charge...", the green charge light on the car, and a zero-cost charge to 97% at which point I manually hit Stop on the terminal.

This is despite the presence of the corrupt 19.2kW on-board charging option. Does this mean that....

• A recent OTA update fixed the problem?
  • My vehicle, built 4.30.2021, shipped with a valid digital certificate?
  • There was an error with the charger. It's just giving out free charges to all comers despite quoting a specific per-kWh $ amount on the screen?

Other points of interest:

• Nothing shows up in the Charging app's history for this particular charge
  • Nothing shows up in the Electrify America app's history for this particular charge
  • No payments hit any of my credit cards for this charge
  • At no point did I use NFC in the phone to supply payment information to the terminal. It "just worked."
Porsche Taycan Successful Plug and Charge, despite Presence of 19.2kW On-board Charger IMG_1822
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You just got a free session which happens once in a while at EA when they have problems. You can see that the station reports a network issue. You also crossed the 30min free limit and you were not charged either, yet another proof.
This was probably not plug and charge, it was just this station offering freebies to anyone. I bet if you plug in a 2020 Taycan or a Chevy Bolt or Bmw i3 they will also start charging without starting a session from the app.

OP
OP
SWORDER

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You just got a free session which happens once in a while at EA when they have problems. You can see that the station reports a network issue. You also crossed the 30min free limit and you were not charged either, yet another proof.
This was probably not plug and charge, it was just this station offering freebies to anyone. I bet if you plug in a 2020 Taycan or a Chevy Bolt or Bmw i3 they will also start charging without starting a session from the app.
Got it. Sucks, but nice to get a free charge. We'll see how long the glitch lasts.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Off topic but our cars were built on the same date!

OP
OP
SWORDER

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Off topic but our cars were built on the same date!
Sweet, how's yours running? Mine's been flawless. I absolutely love it and have been putting way too many miles on it!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Sweet, how's yours running? Mine's been flawless. I absolutely love it and have been putting way too many miles on it!
Less than 100 miles but I'm planning on driving the wheels off! I accumulate ~20K miles per year on my daily drivers. It's currently at the PPF installer for Xpel and STEK windshield protection + ceramic coating.

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Interesting, my build was just before yours on 4/12. I also have the 19.2kW and just took delivery of the car on 6/26. Two days later no ability to A/C charge. Requires a new onboard charger which will take a week. Wondering if it will be an updated 19.2kW with valid certificate (?).

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Interesting, my build was just before yours on 4/12. I also have the 19.2kW and just took delivery of the car on 6/26. Two days later no ability to A/C charge. Requires a new onboard charger which will take a week. Wondering if it will be an updated 19.2kW with valid certificate (?).
there is a TSB regarding the AC charging and the 19.2

Attachments