Tacan Cross 4S Tyres -- normal wear and where to buy replacement?

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Hi - My Tacan $S has just clocked 10,000 miles in the UK. My front tyres 265/35/21 have between 2-3 mm life left and the rears 305/30/21 have just over 3mm so a change is imminent. Currently running P Zeros and not impressed with the low mileage versus wear. Previous cars were Audi RS4 and I got well over @0k mikes out of a set on 20in Continentals.

2 questions. Is my wear normal and where is the best place to buy Porsche N rated replacements? I can get a set of Goodyear NO for about £1070 - best so far.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

GMarcs66

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ,Range Rover,
Country flag
That seems really excessive wear. You must be going hard. I got 20k out of mine ,I swap to continental for winter. I wouldn’t buy them again. I stayed with the Pirelli the car came with as I thought they had great feel.

OP
OP
RGBArgee

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That seems really excessive wear. You must be going hard. I got 20k out of mine ,I swap to continental for winter. I wouldn’t buy them again. I stayed with the Pirelli the car came with as I thought they had great feel.
My thoughts entirely. N/S front is showing worst wear but not greatly impress with beginning to worry about having to change 4 at 10k miles.

OP
OP
RGBArgee

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi - My Tacan 4S has just clocked 10,000 miles in the UK. My front tyres 265/35/21 have between 2-3 mm life left and the rears 305/30/21 have just over 3mm so a change is imminent. Currently running P Zeros and not impressed with the low mileage versus wear. Previous cars were Audi RS4 and I got well over 20kmiles out of a set on 20in Continentals.

2 questions. Is my wear normal and where is the best place to buy Porsche N rated replacements? I can get a set of Goodyear NO for about £1070 - best so far.

Thanks in advance.
My thoughts entirely. N/S front is showing worst wear but not greatly impress with beginning to worry about having to change 4 tyres at 10k miles.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi - My Tacan $S has just clocked 10,000 miles in the UK. My front tyres 265/35/21 have between 2-3 mm life left and the rears 305/30/21 have just over 3mm so a change is imminent. Currently running P Zeros and not impressed with the low mileage versus wear. Previous cars were Audi RS4 and I got well over @0k mikes out of a set on 20in Continentals.

Thanks in advance.
Costco, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, £260 a corner. 20K miles.

OP
OP
RGBArgee

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Costco, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, £260 a corner. 20K miles.
costco best price I can get is Goodyear 305 rear 265 front 30/35 x21 are £1067 . No sign of Michelin offers and definitely not the same price for front and rear!! Do Michelin do NO Porsche spec 21in ???

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag

Thanks in advance.
That’s pretty much how far I‘ve managed on every set of 21” Pirellis so far. My lease company mandates the tyres must have 2mm or less (which gives the OPC conniptions every time I go in) so got to a shade over 11k a set to comply with that. Nearly all driving done on motorway at 70mph with the odd moment of abandon in cornering here and there.

OP
OP
RGBArgee

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s pretty much how far I‘ve managed on every set of 21” Pirellis so far. My lease company mandates the tyres must have 2mm or less (which gives the OPC conniptions every time I go in) so got to a shade over 11k a set to comply with that. Nearly all driving done on motorway at 70mph with the odd moment of abandon in cornering here and there.
Reassuring to hear the Pirelli wear seems poor! Think I will go with Costco Goodyear NOs.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrB

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Reassuring to hear the Pirelli wear seems poor! Think I will go with Costco Goodyear NOs.
Oh it’s absolutely rubbish but I love the way it drives with them on and, as it’s the lease company’s problem to bear, I’m happy to keep chewing through them!

OP
OP
RGBArgee

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh it’s absolutely rubbish but I love the way it drives with them on and, as it’s the lease company’s problem to bear, I’m happy to keep chewing through them!
Sadly mine is not Leased!!

Reactions: MrB

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
costco best price I can get is Goodyear 305 rear 265 front 30/35 x21 are £1067 . No sign of Michelin offers and definitely not the same price for front and rear!! Do Michelin do NO Porsche spec 21in ???
You may need to contact them as they will order in if not listed. They make NA0 for 21" but that may not be the same as N (Nurnberg). Listed by Michelin as suitable for GTS ST by Michelin).

Indeed pricing will be higher for the wider rears (apologies).

OP
OP
RGBArgee

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may need to contact them as they will order in if not listed. They make NA0 for 21" but that may not be the same as N (Nurnberg). Listed by Michelin as suitable for GTS ST by Michelin).

Indeed pricing will be higher for the wider rears (apologies).
Even the fronts are way more expensive than you quoted. None of the N rated are stock items apparently.close to £2500 for front ant rear Michelin!!! Definitely not £1040!