McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My TAG Heuer Connected Calibre E4 Porsche smartwatch arrived today! I am upgrading from the same model TAG Heuer Connected non-Porsche, so I am already a fan of the looks and the way it feels on the wrist.

The titanium body is a big part of its price compared to steel alternatives. I believe the bezel is ceramic, so it's also more durable than bezels made of softer metals.

Those complaining about battery life ... c'mon, we drive a Taycan that needs frequent charging! 😂 At least the watch's charger doesn't complain about overheating. 🙂 No smartwatch will ever compare to the multi-day battery life I used to see on a Pebble watch, but then again, few people remember how BlackBerry phones also used to run for multiple days. Nowadays, everything is charged at night -- phone, watch, and car.

The My Porsche app works as advertised. Battery SOC is updated every few minutes, and being able to set the AC to precool the car is great! The blue accents are a close, but not exact match for the blue used on the instrument panel. It looks really sharp in person.

PXL_20220903_205008722.jpg

The watch complication showing the battery SOC has a wave effect, just like the battery display on the center console.

PXL_20220903_205034204.jpg
I am considering an alternative for my Apple Watch 4. Do you use an IPhone? If yes, could you comment on functionality and what data is synchronized with the Apple health app?

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am considering an alternative for my Apple Watch 4. Do you use an IPhone? If yes, could you comment on functionality and what data is synchronized with the Apple health app?
I use an Android phone. But from the Tag Heuer FAQ, it says:

Yes, you can synchronize your TAG Heuer Sports sessions to Strava or Apple Health apps and TAG Heuer Golf sessions with Apple Health.​
Here's how to proceed:​
In the TAG Heuer Connected app, simply go to the Settings tab and select Third-party applications. You will then need to choose the service that you wish to link with your watch and follow the onscreen instructions.​
In the TAG Heuer Golf app, go to the 'Me' tab, click on 'Settings' to enable the option "Save rounds as workouts in the Health app".​
Your next session will be automatically uploaded to the third-party application you selected.​

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I use an Android phone. But from the Tag Heuer FAQ, it says:

Yes, you can synchronize your TAG Heuer Sports sessions to Strava or Apple Health apps and TAG Heuer Golf sessions with Apple Health.​
Here's how to proceed:​
In the TAG Heuer Connected app, simply go to the Settings tab and select Third-party applications. You will then need to choose the service that you wish to link with your watch and follow the onscreen instructions.​
In the TAG Heuer Golf app, go to the 'Me' tab, click on 'Settings' to enable the option "Save rounds as workouts in the Health app".​
Your next session will be automatically uploaded to the third-party application you selected.​
Thanks ! Is was just wondering what data it would gather like heart rate, gps, etc. because in reviews they say it not ideal with an IPhone. But I do like the look.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Does watch photography get any douchier? :D

OK, I'll out myself. I picked up the 42mm version of the e4 Connected on leather strap two weeks ago. Crazy money for a smartwatch, but to each his own. IMO, the 42mm is the better looking and more versatile version (and I have small wrists). Quality feel and I love the internal fixed bezel. We'll see if the expanded watch options for the Porsche version become available on this model; no need to buy the expensive Golf version to get that functionality.

I completely understand if such things aren't your cup of tea, but I'm a gadget guy and this is just a tool for daily wear; feels good on my wrist and offers smartwatch functionality without looking like a smartwatch. Literally no one notices it isn't a "watch".

PXL_20220805_001050352.jpg
Did you try to install the Porsche app on your watch? I saw that it is available in Play store but I don’t know if it can be installed on the non Porsche model. Still in doubt if I should order the watch.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Pretty sure its been out of stock everywhere in Europe for at least the last 6+ months.

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 16.06.11.png
I was looking at the normal 42 mm version but wondered if it was possible to install Porsche functionality because I saw it can be downloaded in google Play store. The black 45 mm is not really my thing.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Did you try to install the Porsche app on your watch? I saw that it is available in Play store but I don’t know if it can be installed on the non Porsche model. Still in doubt if I should order the watch.
I did. The Porsche app installed, but the special Porsche dials aren't available to the other models.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I’m sure it’s being mentioned already in this thread (sorry did not scroll through all pages) but I have these complications on my Apple Watch courtesy of the beta app developed by our own forum mbr whose name escapes me just now - will update. Includes unlocking car, climate control etc. and has been working like a charm last few months now.

Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch IMG_1056

Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch IMG_1057

Porsche Taycan Tag Heuer Connected Porsche Watch IMG_1058

Last edited:

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tag Heuer has a 30 day return policy. I have done this before, and they are good about refunding your money if you're dissatisfied.

If you do a search for "Porsche" in the Play Store on the watch, the "My Porsche WearOS" app should come up. I don't know if it is restricted to just the Porsche-branded model. The Porsche watch face should be available to all Tag Heuer Connected E4, though.

wlin

First Name
Will-I-Am
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' 9J1 CT, 21' 982 Jahre25, 21' Tesla WhtStar
Country flag
This beta app @ciaranob, is it available on the Apple App store? How to get it? Looks very promising.

I’m sure it’s being mentioned already in this thread (sorry did not scroll through all pages) but I have these complications on my Apple Watch courtesy of the beta app developed by our own forum mbr whose name escapes me just now - will update. Includes unlocking car, climate control etc. and has been working like a charm last few months now.

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_1057.png

IMG_1058.jpeg

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag