Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I was hoping for faster 0 to 60. That is the only RWD weak point.
Every other variant gets extra horse power out of the rear motor.
Do you know if your rear motor is the same as the 4s rear motor, but software detuned?

BRZtoTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BRZ =>Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Every other variant gets extra horse power out of the rear motor.
Do you know if your rear motor is the same as the 4s rear motor, but software detuned?
Should be just like what you said. Sadly they didn't post any performance gain or hp gain for RWD

EXOTIC3

First Name
Jilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid/ Panamera/ Fisker/Karma/ C8 Z06 great exotic
Country flag
So no 0-60 change?
I know for some that would be the main point of tuning
Thx

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So no 0-60 change?
I know for some that would be the main point of tuning
Thx
4s there is a huge gain in 0-60, Turbo doesn't get any gains.
It would seem 4s is software limited and this upgrade unlocks more power to the front motor

Waiting to see if there are any gains with Turbo S

No RWD has been done yet to see what the gains are

Last edited:

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan upcoming
Country flag
What was your trap speed on this run??
My Stock 2021 TS did several 10.5@131mph with 90% or higher SOC (dropped to 10.6@127mph under 90% SOC)

My RS is equivalent to a Turbo and when not in launch control, the same as the Turbo S.
I'm getting a full second better from 100km-200km, .4sec 1/4m improvement, 6mph improvement on trap speed
100-200km is more consistently 6.3sec on flat roads

I don't get any improvement on 0-100km because the front motor is already max power. This upgrade gives more power to the rear motor which is what we mainly use.
Screenshot_20230814_145917_Gallery.png

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was your trap speed on this run??
My Stock 2021 TS did several 10.5@131mph with 90% or higher SOC (dropped to 10.6@127mph under 90% SOC)
132mph

We are waiting for better weather to run with the upgraded Turbo S. Hoping for a 10sec flat 1/4mile

Are you you in Socal?

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan upcoming
Country flag
132mph

We are waiting for better weather to run with the upgraded Turbo S. Hoping for a 10sec flat 1/4mile

Are you you in Socal?
Naa I'm in TX.
I have made about 9 runs in the 10.5-10.7 range @ 131-132mph so I am sure that the range for my stock Turbo S. I may do the tune to see if I can do 134-135mph and low low 10s. But mostly want the unfiltered throttle response (like Teslas have, my wife's Model Y-P feels faster sometimes due to the throttle response lol) and full-time overboost without starting from a stop.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Naa I'm in TX.
I have made about 9 runs in the 10.5-10.7 range @ 131-132mph so I am sure that the range for my stock Turbo S. I may do the tune to see if I can do 134-135mph and low low 10s. But mostly want the unfiltered throttle response (like Teslas have, my wife's Model Y-P feels faster sometimes due to the throttle response lol) and full-time overboost without starting from a stop.
You should get 5mph better trap, .04sec better 1/4mile
The problem is when its not in launch its sluggish.

Another member here and I were comparing the throttle response to a Tesla and specifically the time I drove a EQE350 AMG. It feels much faster because it gives all the torque instantly, but dies right after. After I told Mario, they found a setting called "Drivability Adaption". The Audi is even worse than Taycan because it's a GT so it kicks in way later.
Mario can set how aggressive, but I tell everyone to remove the filter completely. It's only as aggressive as how you modulate the throttle

A big unknown with the Turbo S would be the 0-60 time. Is there a benefit with the upgrade? We are waiting to test this

What's your best 0-60time?

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan upcoming
Country flag
You should get 5mph better trap, .04sec better 1/4mile
The problem is when its not in launch its sluggish.

Another member here and I were comparing the throttle response to a Tesla and specifically the time I drove a EQE350 AMG. It feels much faster because it gives all the torque instantly, but dies right after. After I told Mario, they found a setting called "Drivability Adaption". The Audi is even worse than Taycan because it's a GT so it kicks in way later.
Mario can set how aggressive, but I tell everyone to remove the filter completely. It's only as aggressive as how you modulate the throttle

A big unknown with the Turbo S would be the 0-60 time. Is there a benefit with the upgrade? We are waiting to test this

What's your best 0-60time?
My best is 2.72 sec 0-60mph, it's usually 2.74-2.89 on average
I don't expect much more than a tenth or two (2.5-2.6 will be my expectations on my car), but I am wanting higher trapspeeds and better throttle response mostly
Sponsored