thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Where you at @DerekS ?!!!!

We want our trip comparison!!!!! I want to see how those 40 minutes stops in the middle of no where New Mexico and Arizona are treating you!!!

Drive safe.

Cheers
Sponsored

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Where you at @DerekS ?!!!!

We want our trip comparison!!!!! I want to see how those 40 minutes stops in the middle of no where New Mexico and Arizona are treating you!!!

Drive safe.

Cheers
Patience friends! The truck is loading as we speak and we set sail tomorrow! :)

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Sail? Are we going on a cruise?!

We need details!
Well all I’ve got for you right now is that we leave around 7:30 CST tomorrow. We make a stop down in Fort Worth then out.

I’m thinking I should make a third thread for this one.

Flying ace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 GT3, 991.1 GT3, G05 X5 45e
Country flag
Comparing this to the Tesla trip you posted, it appears the average charge times (excluding overhead) is similar between Tesla and Taycan/EA. I'm calculating approximately less than 5 extra minutes per charge in the Taycan, but saw there were only 2 poor performing chargers. (I had difficulty figuring out stops on the summary where you tried multiple chargers).

The overhead is a bigger difference between the two cars. Does overhead include waiting in line for a charge or just the handshake on the charger?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Comparing this to the Tesla trip you posted, it appears the average charge times (excluding overhead) is similar between Tesla and Taycan/EA. I'm calculating approximately less than 5 extra minutes per charge in the Taycan, but saw there were only 2 poor performing chargers. (I had difficulty figuring out stops on the summary where you tried multiple chargers).

The overhead is a bigger difference between the two cars. Does overhead include waiting in line for a charge or just the handshake on the charger?
It includes both; all time spent at the stop that wasn't minutes of charge being fed into the battery.
So that's time to wait (if there's a line), time to get the charger started/handshaked, time to move to another charger when you hit a bad one, etc.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
And not to spam, but I made Chargey free so the people in here with 150K cars that don't want to pay 99c for an app can finally try it. :)

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
And not to spam, but I made Chargey free so the people in here with 150K cars that don't want to pay 99c for an app can finally try it. :)
Hey Derek - My version of Chargey is still hanging waiting for an update from the car.
Any chance you can either fix that or get rid of it? The "waiting" message blocks the screen and fields I need to fill in manually. Thanks!

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hey Derek - My version of Chargey is still hangin waiting for an update from the car.
Any chance you can either fix that or get rid of it? The "waiting" message blocks the screen and fields I need to fill in manually. Thanks!
Update to the latest version which also makes the app free.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As for fixing it, I had to remove the Porsche integration when the API wrapper broke. :(. I wish they had an official API.
OK, so I’m still having a problem. I tried downloading the latest version and it said I was already up-to-date at version 1.8.

So then I tried deleting the app, and restoring it from the App Store. I like the fact that you will refresh the data from iCloud.

Sadly, I’m still getting the “Updating from Vehicle” message anytime I start a new charging session.

Suggestions?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Rats. It sounds like I have a bug where previously-configured vehicle integration sticks. I’ll take a look and try to get a fix out this weekend. I am sorry.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Rats. It sounds like I have a bug where previously-configured vehicle integration sticks. I’ll take a look and try to get a fix out this weekend. I am sorry.
Without thinking, I tried to fix this by deleting the car, and then adding it back in. Sadly I seem have lost all the iCloud data of previous charges. Stupid.

Nonetheless, there is no error anymore related to “Updating from Vehicle”...
Sponsored