Tire installer Seattle

dewber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Subaru Crosstrek, ‘21 Taycan RWD
Country flag
About ready for a new set of tires - looking to get the Conti ProContactRX. Porsche Bellevue price w/o alignment is ~$1900. Anyone have a local shop that they like, or is dealer the way?
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
What size?
Worth asking around, and also check Porsche of Seattle North. TireRack shows various options for ~$1300 in 20", which is quite a bit cheaper. And since now they own Discount Tire, you'd have a lot of installing options on the Eastside. (I'd imagine it's another 2-300$ for that.)

Alignment should not be necessary for a simple tire swap.

Calvin1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I do not personally recommend any discount tire's on the east side. I've had bad experience with damaged rims multiple times on previous cars.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Stay away from the Continental Procontact RX if you value your life. They are terrible in the wet.

OP
OP

dewber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Subaru Crosstrek, ‘21 Taycan RWD
Country flag
What size?
Worth asking around, and also check Porsche of Seattle North. TireRack shows various options for ~$1300 in 20", which is quite a bit cheaper. And since now they own Discount Tire, you'd have a lot of installing options on the Eastside. (I'd imagine it's another 2-300$ for that.)

Alignment should not be necessary for a simple tire swap.
Looking for 20". Thanks for the tip, I had considered Beaverton but didn't think to look north.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
If you venture into the Cascades and hence sometimes have to deal with serious amounts of snow, but not enough to merit a separate set of winter tires/wheels, then check out the Michelin CrossClimate2.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
About ready for a new set of tires - looking to get the Conti ProContactRX. Porsche Bellevue price w/o alignment is ~$1900. Anyone have a local shop that they like, or is dealer the way?
I’ve had good luck with Discount’s Northgate location for several sets. Not so good luck at Bellevue Porsche.

xxGenericSNxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I always use Right Away Tire. They come to you and they are very careful to not scratch the rim/brake caliper during their work. They just helped me fix a flat on my Taycan last week.
Sponsored