Took delivery of 2020 Turbo -- some observations..

noev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
87 Carrera, 97 Carrera S, 21 Carrera 4S, 21 Rover
Country flag
While I've only driven about 10 miles or so to limit exposure before PPF, I absolutely love this car. This specific car I purchased from Porsche San Diego (see my previous thread) is in incredible condition. Feels and looks like a brand new car.

I'm noticing that I'm definitely getting used to the drive and have noted the following things. I've previously been a Tesla owner and own a few 911s (including a 992):

- When braking and the car comes to a full stop, there seems to be some sort of 'bounce' or slight rocking back and forth. Is this the weight of the car + squishy-ness of the tires?

- Parallel parking seems hard, as I find I really have to feather the pedal to get the car to creep slowly. I assume there's no way to adjust creep level?

- OMG, the backup camera is bad! Has anyone attempted to upgrade to an aftermarket unit? Is that even possible?

- On one brisk takeoff from a stoplight (not launch control), I switched between normal and sport (or sport and sport plus, can't recall) and there was a hard jerk before the car took off. Maybe the 2-speed transmission?

Overall, the car is an absolute beast. The smoothness and ride quality with PDCC is amazing. I actually think this Taycan has better ride quality than our full-size '21 Range Rover.
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
- When braking and the car comes to a full stop, there seems to be some sort of 'bounce' or slight rocking back and forth. Is this the weight of the car + squishy-ness of the tires?

- Parallel parking seems hard, as I find I really have to feather the pedal to get the car to creep slowly. I assume there's no way to adjust creep level?

- OMG, the backup camera is bad! Has anyone attempted to upgrade to an aftermarket unit? Is that even possible?

- On one brisk takeoff from a stoplight (not launch control), I switched between normal and sport (or sport and sport plus, can't recall) and there was a hard jerk before the car took off. Maybe the 2-speed transmission?

Overall, the car is an absolute beast. The smoothness and ride quality with PDCC is amazing. I actually think this Taycan has better ride quality than our full-size '21 Range Rover.
Congratulations on the car. The Taycan really is a great driving car. Not perfect yet, but well worth putting up with it's shortcomings.

Braking needs work. The transition from regen slowing to mechanical braking is not the smoothest. Coming to a complete stop always results in that little lurch. I believe this is the rather abrupt application of the mechanical brakes.

Unlike your Tesla the Taycan moves as soon as your foot is off the brake and I feel the creep speed it too high. Combined with the braking lurch coming to a stop the process of making small, slow moves is not smooth. Start forward and lurch to a stop, multiple times until I'm close to the curb or garage wall. No adjustment that I have found.

Truly horrible backup camera and generally poor PCM visualization of your surroundings. Makes tight spaces an adventure. No aftermarket replacement that I've found.

The jerk taking off is not something I've experienced in 4 different Taycans that I've driven. Two speed trans shifts somewhere around 50/60 mph.

Get the PPF done and find an excuse for a drive. The car just effortless eats the miles and you get out feeling like the 3 hour drive was 30 minutes.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
While I've only driven about 10 miles or so to limit exposure before PPF, I absolutely love this car. This specific car I purchased from Porsche San Diego (see my previous thread) is in incredible condition. Feels and looks like a brand new car.

I'm noticing that I'm definitely getting used to the drive and have noted the following things. I've previously been a Tesla owner and own a few 911s (including a 992):

Second your comments on the hard braking response and the reverse camera - in fact the 360 camera is overall an embarrassment for Porsche given how great of a car this otherwise is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
noev

noev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
87 Carrera, 97 Carrera S, 21 Carrera 4S, 21 Rover
Country flag
Thanks for the insight. I also have to say that this is one of the rare configurations where so far I prefer the look of the smaller wheel setup to the 21” version. Suits the car well.

Porsche Taycan Took delivery of 2020 Turbo -- some observations.. IMG_0844
Sponsored