Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
For any of you that need a reference point - I called my local dealer today to see what they would give me on a trade for 2023 GTS with 13k miles , 151 sticker - they offered 95k and this is without any negotiation. I have no intention of getting rid of if - but do like to have an understanding of current market wholesale value. I am located in Connecticut.

Here’s where I stand after 16 months - 151k (MSRP) - 7500 rebate = 143,500 , 16 months of driving = 48,500 loss or roughly 3k per month or roughly 30-35% deprecation first 16 months (depending on if you include tax credit or not) , roughly $3.73 per mile.

As I’ve said before , I’ll never need any more performance, technology or range for street driving , I’ll most likely keep this forever as the car is phenomenal.

My Intention is not to start a depreciation rant, I’m simply sharing where my model and year stands at this point. Maybe someone can use as a reference point or finds it helpful in looking for used Gen 1 or what to expect when trading in

I’ll continue to track every 6 months to a year, simply because it’s interesting to me. My guess with current interest rates, the increase cost of Gen 2, coupled with Porsche shitty lease programs the Gen 1 will flatten out a bit …

Hopefully someone finds this useful.

PS right now I have negative equity in car, for some here’s where GAP insurance might come in handy
Sponsored

Last edited:

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
For any of you that need a reference point - I called my local dealer today to see what they would give me on a trade for 2023 GTS with 13k miles , 151 sticker - they offered 95k and this is without any negotiation. I have no intention of getting rid of if - but do like to have an understanding of current market wholesale value. I am located in Connecticut.
Mine is almost the same as yours, 2023, 12.5K miles, and I was offered 95K also in Texas.

Flying ace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 GT3, 991.1 GT3, G05 X5 45e
Country flag
this is incredibly helpful, thank you. I am in the market for a 2022 or 2023 GTS ST. I know ST is lower inventory (but also lower demand IMO). I've been rejected by a non-P dealer for a non-CPO, high spec 2023 ($178k msrp) offer of $112. $150-7k 2023 GTSs are listing between $104-$110.

2022s are where the value is. Today, there is a decent spec ST at $104k CPO.

Based on $95k offer, my guess is wholesale is maybe at $98k-ish.

Last edited:

Flying ace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 GT3, 991.1 GT3, G05 X5 45e
Country flag
a quick follow up, the dealerships are probably hurting on preowned inventory. With Trade-Ins at $95, they throw in about $3k to CPO the car. Wholesale is probably around the same range of $98 maybe less, and Porsche dealers are electing to sell the car instead of wholesale, which is high risk bc these cars are sitting for at least 150 days to 200 days. The lowest 2022 CPOs are listing at $103, so you can see the margins are tiny whereas preowned they typically have a fatter margin. It's tough to sell a preowned Taycan in today's market and with the .2's coming in and with an expected influx of supply from lease returns for 2021-2023 vehicles.

I myself am working on a purchase of a 2023 higher spec GTS ST. Dealer is very stubborn and won't let it go for less than $125k whereas a comparable sedan is at $110k. I don't believe there should be a premium on the ST, so I offered him the sedan's market value. And this is for a non-CPO too.

Last edited:

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
a quick follow up, the dealerships are probably hurting on preowned inventory. With Trade-Ins at $95, they throw in about $3k to CPO the car. Wholesale is probably around the same range of $98 maybe less, and Porsche dealers are electing to sell the car instead of wholesale, which is high risk bc these cars are sitting for at least 150 days to 200 days. The lowest 2022 CPOs are listing at $103, so you can see the margins are tiny whereas preowned they typically have a fatter margin. It's tough to sell a preowned Taycan in today's market and with the .2's coming in and with an expected influx of supply from lease returns for 2021-2023 vehicles.

I myself am working on a purchase of a 2023 higher spec GTS ST. Dealer is very stubborn and won't let it go for less than $125k whereas a comparable sedan is at $110k. I don't believe there should be a premium on the ST, so I offered him the sedan's market value. And this is for a non-CPO too.
Don’t go non CPO

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I don't believe there should be a premium on the ST, so I offered him the sedan's market value. And this is for a non-CPO too.
There absolutely is a premium on wagons, there were way fewer of them brought over here. The ratio is at best 1:4, and more likely 1:10. I don’t have real data, just based on the then-current allocation sheet my local dealer showed me. On the street, it seems even rarer.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
Shhh, don’t tell him about the premium between an E63 AMG sedan or a wagon (hint, wagon is valued almost 2x as much).

Rusty Griswald

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E63
Country flag