• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTS: Taycan Panoramic Roof & Rear Windshield Sunshades

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
I just got the last one available, to my knowledge, and installed it with no issue using instructions from the QR code on the packaging and I absolutely love it. Please PM me and I will be happy to help with clips and install but please be sure it is the right kind and for the sedan, no CT or ST type shade from this company exists.

The intent was to have it simulate rollup blinds on Macan/Cayenne that are much finer, but Porche makes similar OEM inserts for rear windows and back window for the Cayenne. This one is well made, just the right amount of shade so you can see through it, and it has very nice touch of having a Taycan logo. I just need to remove it and steam it of the wrinkles, but I could not wait to put it in and see how it performs inside the car. All I can say, please make more, as I want a backup.

1689167690165.png
I just got one of these sunshades but there are 2 types of clips. Clear ones that stick to the glass which don't look very good when the shade is removed. The other clips are black and need to slip under the roof liner but I tried to push one under the liner and it was not going in. I didn't want to force it and break the clip or harm the roof liner itself. Has anyone installed clips which slide under the roof liner?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I just got one of these sunshades but there are 2 types of clips. Clear ones that stick to the glass which don't look very good when the shade is removed. The other clips are black and need to slip under the roof liner but I tried to push one under the liner and it was not going in. I didn't want to force it and break the clip or harm the roof liner itself. Has anyone installed clips which slide under the roof liner?
Hmm, mine came with 4 black clips that easily slide under the liner between the glass and the liner, almost too much clearance as the liner is very soft. My liner is Racetex so maybe there is a difference in clearance to push the clips in with a Standard liner.

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmm, mine came with 4 black clips that easily slide under the liner between the glass and the liner, almost too much clearance as the liner is very soft. My liner is Racetex so maybe there is a difference in clearance to push the clips in with a Standard liner.
Thanks for your input. Very much appreciated.
My shade came with 8 transparent clips which stick to the glass. I trimmed them as small as possible but it's not the best look when the shade is removed.
They also gave me 10 black clips which would look the best if you can just slide them between the liner & the glass but I couldn't get them to slide in anywhere more than a 1/4" so I'm likely hitting the edge around the glass. I wish I could see the way the liner fits up against the panoramic roof glass since I really need to make the black ones work to have the best look and the easiest install & removal of the shade. I'll stop by the dealership to ask the guys in service if they know...

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your input. Very much appreciated.
My shade came with 8 transparent clips which stick to the glass. I trimmed them as small as possible but it's not the best look when the shade is removed.
They also gave me 10 black clips which would look the best if you can just slide them between the liner & the glass but I couldn't get them to slide in anywhere more than a 1/4" so I'm likely hitting the edge around the glass. I wish I could see the way the liner fits up against the panoramic roof glass since I really need to make the black ones work to have the best look and the easiest install & removal of the shade. I'll stop by the dealership to ask the guys in service if they know...
This sounds like you do not have the right clips. Mine came in with only 4 as shown in this graphic.
So they clip to the wire frame and then the flat part at 4 positions easily goes between the glass and the liner and the wire has enough spring in it to hold the liner flat.

Porsche Taycan WTS: Taycan Panoramic Roof & Rear Windshield Sunshades 1713737048374-85

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes! You are right. I need these clips. Can you direct me to where I can buy them?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes! You are right. I need these clips. Can you direct me to where I can buy them?
These clips came with the shade so the only way to get them is to ask Groovey Shade to send you a set. Mine did not come with any other clips but these 4.

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks, I will
I finally was able to push the clips between the liner and the glass. There is a bead of some type of strong adhesive which I had to push really hard to get through but I decided to sew the clips to the sunshade & trim the tabs about 1/4" so when the sunshade is out there are no clips to see on the edge of the glass. Now it fits perfect. Easy to install & remove.

Brombaer1971

First Name
Matthias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and several other cars
Country flag
Looking for a CT sunshade, registered in the shop, registered for notification email. Any broad estimate about availability ?
Sponsored