hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I am nearing my subscription renewal into the third year on 3/24. The car has been to the dealer a couple of times on other matters and I discovered plug-n-charge has stopped working. I checked my payment option and I verified I can charge at EA free with the Porsche charging app. I tried stopping and starting the PNC on the PCM. I tried logging as guest and back as me. EA says it’s Porsche. Porsche USA says wait until March 24 and then do a factory reset. Anything else I should try?
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds like you have done this, but check PCM to ensure that plug&charge option check box is enabled.
Also look at Porsche Connect settings in PCM and ensure that it shows Porsche Charging service is active/subscribed. (which should be the case since you can charge free at EA).
After my car had on-board charger replaced at dealer, I had plug & charge problems. Tech told me that after some service procedures, they must take step to ensure P&C is left enabled.
If no P&C could be related to dealer service on your car, best option might be to take it to dealer to check.
PCM factory reset is standard response from PCNA customer service. No one knows if it will work.
If you have not tried it, see if P&C works at another EA site.
Good luck.

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I am nearing my subscription renewal into the third year on 3/24. The car has been to the dealer a couple of times on other matters and I discovered plug-n-charge has stopped working. I checked my payment option and I verified I can charge at EA free with the Porsche charging app. I tried stopping and starting the PNC on the PCM. I tried logging as guest and back as me. EA says it’s Porsche. Porsche USA says wait until March 24 and then do a factory reset. Anything else I should try?
I have been without charging service for a month. The car has been reset a million times and still dont have it. My app says the contract is valid, the website says is valid, the dealer says is valid, but plug and charge has disappeared from the car. His happened upon renewal of the contract. NO ONE knows how to fix it yet.

OP
OP
hifi239

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have been without charging service for a month. The car has been reset a million times and still dont have it. My app says the contract is valid, the website says is valid, the dealer says is valid, but plug and charge has disappeared from the car. His happened upon renewal of the contract. NO ONE knows how to fix it yet.
Thanks! Misery loves company.

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
after my renewal, same thing, and porsche said do a factory reset which is a pia. has anyone done a factory reset and confirmed it resolved plug and charge issue after renewal? thanks!

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Just finished an 1,100 mile road trip. EA sessions required multiple unplug and plug back in attempts to establish a connection at each of 3 EA locations. P&C failed every time. Since my last trip my anniversary rolled by. Subscription shows "free" charging as active for another two years. P&C is enabled in the car. PCM was rebooted. Calls to EA customer support just resulted in hold times of 10+minutes (during which I should have been charging). They of course find no fault with the charger, have no explanation for the communications problems, and say to start the session with the Porsche app. At the first two locations the Porsche app would not start a charge. Using the EA app results in a charge which EA then has to reverse. At stop #3 the Porsche app mysteriously did start a charge session. Such a bad experience that I abandoned EA. Painless charging at a Tesla location with the Magic Dock. Ditto Circle K. I'd rather pay than waste time and just get frustrated at EA and/or Porsche. Porsche customer support was fast to answer and polite. Rep #1 said I did not have a profile set and that was preventing P&C from working. Total BS as a profile and timer were set and in any case DC charging defaults to "Direct Charging" to 100%. The second rep I talked to said they were aware of "some issues" with P&C. So neither EA nor Porsche seemed to have a clue. I suspect there is an issue when the subscription anniversary comes up. Porsche is actually pretty bad at the "connected device" aspect of a modern car. EA only had one tower out of 14 down and the charging rate was at spec so they seem to have improved the equipment maintenance but then they, or Porsche, throw connection problems into the mix. I always got a charge, but it wasn't easy or certain. The moral of my story is that EA won't be an option for the return trip in a couple of weeks. It's no way to travel.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I had an issue with P&C after a customer support rep rebuilt my profile during a support call. I believe the car kept the token that was associated with my original profile (I would get an error at the EA station after plugging in). To resolve this I logged out all accounts from the PCM, did a factory reset, and then added back the accounts (trying to get the car to load the correct token). On my first trip (this weekend) since I did that, P&C did not work at the first EA station. The station behaved as if I did not have P&C turned on at all (does the token load during the first charging session?). So at that station I initiated the charge through the MyPorsche app (worked perfectly for me). At the next EA stop I was surprised that P&C worked just fine. I was expecting to have to start the session through the app but the car just automatically started charging.
Sponsored