First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Carmine Red - MY2024
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking to replace my Tesla Model X with a Taycan.
I live in the UK, this car will be my only car and for daily commute. I do around 80 miles a day and majority is on the motorway (Buckinghamshire to London and back)
I do not intend to race or use on the track, main purpose is comfort, luxury feeling and Porsche's amazing drive. Maybe that's why I didn't go for GTS

This is what I have spec'd so far, please provide your guidance. Please note I have another £3500 to add to options but thought you guys can help me spend it :)

http://www.porschecode.com/PPJ65BV2

Highlights of the spec are

• Taycan 4S in Mamba Green
  • Two-Tone Leather Interior, Smooth-Finish Leather, Black/Crayon
  • Comfort seats (14-way, electric) with memory package
  • Massage Function front including Seat Ventilation front
  • SportDesign Package
  • Sport Chrono Package
  • Electric folding Exterior Mirrors
  • Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
  • ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
  • Rear-Axle Steering including Power Steering Plus
  • 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in black with polished spokes (They just look gorgeous)
  • Wheel centres with full-colour Porsche Crest
  • Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass
  • Panoramic Roof with Variable Light Control
  • Head-Up Display
  • ParkAssist including Surround View (went against the remote parking as never use that feature in my Tesla)
  • Porsche InnoDrive + Active Lane Keeping and Intersection Assist (This is mainly going to be useful as I am a motorway driver)
  • HomeLink® (Garage Door Opener)
  • Advanced Climate Control 4-Zone - (Not sure of this as I rarely have passengers, that's why I didn't put heated seats at the back)
  • Steering Wheel Heating (i.c.w. Sport Chrono Package and Leather Interior)
  • Passenger Display
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Performance Battery Plus
  • Porsche Electric Sport Sound
  • Electric Charging Cover
  • 150kW on-board DC-DC converter
I do need help on the interior, the less plastic at the obvious visible locations will be the better.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello,

I live in the UK, this car will be my only car and for daily commute. I do around 80 miles a day and majority is on the motorway (Buckinghamshire to London and back)
I do not intend to race or use on the track, main purpose is comfort, luxury feeling and Porsche's amazing drive. Maybe that's why I didn't go for GTS

This is my what I have spec'd so far, please provide your guidance. Please note I have another £3500 to add to options but thought you guys can help me spend it :)

• SportDesign Package
  • Sport Chrono Package
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle
  • 21-inch RS Spyder Design wheels in black with polished spokes (They just look gorgeous)
  • Head-Up Display
  • ParkAssist including Surround View (went against the remote parking as never use that feature in my Tesla)
  • Porsche InnoDrive + Active Lane Keeping and Intersection Assist (This is mainly going to be useful as I am a motorway driver)
  • Advanced Climate Control 4-Zone - (Not sure of this as I rarely have passengers, that's why I didn't put heated seats at the back)
  • Passenger Display
I do need help on the interior, the less plastic at the obvious visible locations will be the better.
Personally I'd skip:

1. HUD
2. VLC - you won't experience or see the benefit - more a passenger gimmick IMHO
3. InnoDrive - you have 2 cruise control options as standard - ALK will not work well given the dependencies and our road markings are terrible.
4. Passenger Display - limited use given the cost
5. Electric Sport Sound - tedious after a short while
6. Sports Design Package - actually detracts from the car's appearance IMHO
7. 4 zone AC - pointless - small cabin

Overall, watch the options list and cost of options vs base price of the car (if you are buying privately) as you'll take a hefty hit on depreciation.

Not much to add but I'd sacrifice some of the above for PTV+

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Nice spec. Here's a few options for consideration:

1. Painted door mirrors with gloss black base - matches up with the gloss black window surrounds.
  2. Model designation in gloss back - keeps the gloss black theme.
  3. Race-Tex B-pillars - standard plastic doesn't look great and marks pretty easily.
  4. Race-Tex Roof Lining and grab handles - pulls the B-pillars, A-Pillars and roof all together and nicely compliments the full leather interior imo.
  5. 4-Zone Climate Control - I optioned it as I will be carrying passengers and I preferred the look as it matched up with the front screens. If you're not carrying passengers then, leave out.
  6. Comfort Access.
  7. Dash Cam wiring - no cost option so why not?
  8. Leather - there are plenty of options to switch plastic interior parts to leather but, it's an expensive trip.
As mentioned in Adrian's post above, if resale value is a consideration then, balancing your options list is sensible advice. If not, fill your boots! I'm going to be taking a hit lol.

All very much subjective and there will be differing opinions but, the great thing is, you get to build your car the way you want it so, go for it and make it yours.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Personally I'd skip:

1. HUD
2. VLC - you won't experience or see the benefit - more a passenger gimmick IMHO
3. InnoDrive - you have 2 cruise control options as standard - ALK will not work well given the dependencies and our road markings are terrible.
4. Passenger Display - limited use given the cost
5. Electric Sport Sound - tedious after a short while
6. Sports Design Package - actually detracts from the car's appearance IMHO
7. 4 zone AC - pointless - small cabin

Overall, watch the options list and cost of options vs base price of the car (if you are buying privately) as you'll take a hefty hit on depreciation.

Not much to add but I'd sacrifice some of the above for PTV+

Thanks Adrian, not buying privately, so do not care about the depreciation. I have a £123k budget, so looking to maximise what I can get.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice spec. Here's a few options for consideration:

1. Painted door mirrors with gloss black base - matches up with the gloss black window surrounds.
  2. Model designation in gloss back - keeps the gloss black theme.
  3. Race-Tex B-pillars - standard plastic doesn't look great and marks pretty easily.
  4. Race-Tex Roof Lining and grab handles - pulls the B-pillars, A-Pillars and roof all together and nicely compliments the full leather interior imo.
  5. 4-Zone Climate Control - I optioned it as I will be carrying passengers and I preferred the look as it matched up with the front screens. If you're not carrying passengers then, leave out.
  6. Comfort Access.
  7. Dash Cam wiring - no cost option so why not?
  8. Leather - there are plenty of options to switch plastic interior parts to leather but, it's an expensive trip.
As mentioned in Adrian's post above, if resale value is a consideration then, balancing your options list is sensible advice. If not, fill your boots! I'm going to be taking a hit lol.

All very much subjective and there will be differing opinions but, the great thing is, you get to build your car the way you want it so, go for it and make it yours.
Thank you, I am surely going for your 1, 3, 4 and 7 suggestions. I thought I can remove the plastics with leather but cant see that option except the below part of the pillar but the Race-Tex options sorts everything out.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Three suggestions:
Consider 4+1 seat option to eliminate wide plastic tray separating rear seat cushion.
Ensure that among the assist and package options you have lane change assist/blind spot monitor. Different option than lane keep assist.
Consider Porsche crest on front seat headrests.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Three suggestions:
Consider 4+1 seat option to eliminate wide plastic tray separating rear seat cushion.
Ensure that among the assist and package options you have lane change assist/blind spot monitor. Different option than lane keep assist.

If not using the center seat, by not choosing the 4 +1, you will lose the unsightly and unnecessary center seatbelt and the center headrest that may block the view. If not regularly using the center seat, the center tray is less unsightly to me then the extra seatbelt and center headrest.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Three suggestions:
Thanks for you suggestions

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I’ll comment on the hud and glass. I personally love a hud on every car I drive. I have it on my Taycan and I always have it turned on. Works great for my needs. However… my last Taycan had the standard glass and my new one has the insulated glass. The hud is nice and clear with the standard glass and has a slight doubling blur effect with the insulated glass. It doesn’t bother me to the point where I dislike it, but it’s something I didn’t expect. Also, I don’t find the insulated glass to be quieter than standard but it does have a nice tint which goes great with Mamba Green.

One final thing to note. Personally I’m not a fan of the gloss black around the windows. I have the matte black around my windows (gloss black wheels though) and I think it looks amazing that way.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ll comment on the hud and glass. I personally love a hud on every car I drive. I have it on my Taycan and I always have it turned on. Works great for my needs. However… my last Taycan had the standard glass and my new one has the insulated glass. The hud is nice and clear with the standard glass and has a slight doubling blur effect with the insulated glass. It doesn’t bother me to the point where I dislike it, but it’s something I didn’t expect. Also, I don’t find the insulated glass to be quieter than standard but it does have a nice tint which goes great with Mamba Green.

One final thing to note. Personally I’m not a fan of the gloss black around the windows. I have the matte black around my windows (gloss black wheels though) and I think it looks amazing that way.
That's great info. I cannot see the option for Matt black around the side windows. I only get the high gloss option

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
That's great info. I cannot see the option for Matt black around the side windows. I only get the high gloss option
I have no idea if it’s even possible on the 4s. Matte black is standard on the base model (I have a CT4) and I was happy about that.

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hello,

This is what I have spec'd so far, please provide your guidance. Please note I have another £3500 to add to options but thought you guys can help me spend it :)

• SportDesign Package
  • Sport Chrono Package
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Head-Up Display
  • Passenger Display
hi. Good spec and more or matches mine for my new Taycan GTS

would you not consider the GTS? Quite a few of your tick list are standard items on GTS - and it’s the sweet spot of the range.

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Three suggestions:
My freeze point is coming up shortly and I’m not even sure if my SA formally did it yet, but now I keep thinking about the crest on the head rests. Is it something at least half of people do? I feel like I don’t want to be extra in-your-face about it, but if it’s something that would look sorely lacking maybe I should add it instead of the console crest. Is it historically important to a Porsche? I can’t decide!

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
And I’m also stressing on if I should have the gloss black on the exterior mirrors instead of all body color. I went back and forth, and I want to keep my frozen berry “wowing” but I also don’t want it to look too washed out so I have the gloss black on the wheels and window trim. Almost every frozen berry pic I see has the gloss black ext mirror trim. Ugh I could second guess this forever!

Sorry if I’m hijacking! :)

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
The HUD is a nice option if you have driving assistance (innodrive etc..) as it shows directly on the road if they are engaged or not (which is not that obvious sometimes).

Passager display, as others stated is pretty pointless. However it does look better than the non display version. In other words word, it's useless except being looking good which is already nice :)

I suggest 4+1 also. It allows to splits the rear row which can be convenient for hauling things. Also even if it's once in a while, i would feel embarassed not to be able to take a third back passager in a car that big :CWL:

Matrix leds are quite nice if you usually drives on the countryside at night (and pretty pointless if you are doing only city/highway)
Sponsored