Your expert opinion is requested on a new build Taycan

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I suggest 4+1 also. It allows to splits the rear row which can be convenient for hauling things. Also even if it's once in a while, i would feel embarassed not to be able to take a third back passager in a car that big :CWL:
As far as I’m ware, all Taycans have 60:40 split for the rear seat, even if you do not specify the 4+1 option?
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Personally I'd skip:

1. HUD
2. VLC - you won't experience or see the benefit - more a passenger gimmick IMHO
3. InnoDrive - you have 2 cruise control options as standard - ALK will not work well given the dependencies and our road markings are terrible.
4. Passenger Display - limited use given the cost
5. Electric Sport Sound - tedious after a short while
6. Sports Design Package - actually detracts from the car's appearance IMHO
7. 4 zone AC - pointless - small cabin
What he said! :like:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My freeze point is coming up shortly and I’m not even sure if my SA formally did it yet, but now I keep thinking about the crest on the head rests. Is it something at least half of people do? I feel like I don’t want to be extra in-your-face about it, but if it’s something that would look sorely lacking maybe I should add it instead of the console crest. Is it historically important to a Porsche? I can’t decide!
Headrests only and skip anywhere else.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
In addition to what @W1NGE listed I didn't see the point of the electric port covers, and still don't now my car without has been delivered.
The standard doors are probably effectively faster to open and are 2 fewer things to go wrong, and without them the "air-curtain" design of the car works as intended.
The one thing I wish I had added now is the Inner Door Sill Guards and Trim B-Pillars Leather, which I didn't notice at the time of order.

So personally, I would drop those things recommended by @W1NGE plus the electric charging port and add Inner Door Sill Guards and Trim B-Pillars Leather

Last edited:

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
In addition to what @W1NGE listed I didn't see the point of the electric port covers, and still don't now myc car withoyt has been delivered.
The standard doors are probably effectively faster to open and are 2 fewer things to go wrong, and without them the "air-curtain" design of the car works as intended.
The one thing I wish i had added now is the Inner Door Sill Guards and Trim B-Pillars Leather, which I didn't notice at the time of order.

So personally, I would drop those things recommended by @W1NGE plus the electric charging port and add Inner Door Sill Guards and Trim B-Pillars Leather
Better drop the electric windows as well ….I’m sure with winders you could open them faster and less to go wrong 😉😂😂😂

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Better drop the electric windows as well ….I’m sure with winders you could open them faster and less to go wrong 😉😂😂😂
Firstly, it isn’t an option and secondly it is convenient to be able to open and close the 3 windows I can’t reach.

Not in the remotest bit like the charge cover which I have to be standing next to anyway to plug the charger in.

I can see a benefit for somebody who has one of their hands amputated though.

;)

Last edited:

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I would definitely spec the matrix lights. Being able to essentially have the high beams on all the time is literally a life saver during the winter months.

I'm not sure how common these chargers are in the UK, but the 22 kW AC charger has saved me a few times where I could leave at a full charge instead of having to stop at a fast charger later. At home, the 11 kW charger is absolutely sufficient, however.

The VLC roof is pretty gimmicky, same with the passenger display, so while they are cool, I would suggest prioritising something else if you're on a budget. For example more of the extended leather packages.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Carmine Red - MY2024
Country flag
I have no idea if it’s even possible on the 4s. Matte black is standard on the base model (I have a CT4) and I was happy about that.
Yes its not an option for the 4S.
I am not a fan of the Side window trims in silver
So I will be changing them to the only option which is black in high gloss.
I will also go for the Door handles painted in black (high-gloss) and Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss) to give it a proper unified look

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ll comment on the hud and glass. I personally love a hud on every car I drive. I have it on my Taycan and I always have it turned on. Works great for my needs. However… my last Taycan had the standard glass and my new one has the insulated glass. The hud is nice and clear with the standard glass and has a slight doubling blur effect with the insulated glass. It doesn’t bother me to the point where I dislike it, but it’s something I didn’t expect. Also, I don’t find the insulated glass to be quieter than standard but it does have a nice tint which goes great with Mamba Green.

One final thing to note. Personally I’m not a fan of the gloss black around the windows. I have the matte black around my windows (gloss black wheels though) and I think it looks amazing that way.
I thought the Acoustically insulated laminated reduces the outside noise. Is this not your experience? I drive on the motorway and at high speeds the wind noise can get annoying. Will this not help? or is it waste of money?

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My freeze point is coming up shortly and I’m not even sure if my SA formally did it yet, but now I keep thinking about the crest on the head rests. Is it something at least half of people do? I feel like I don’t want to be extra in-your-face about it, but if it’s something that would look sorely lacking maybe I should add it instead of the console crest. Is it historically important to a Porsche? I can’t decide!
If given the choice between centre console crest and head rest crest it first has to be the headrest in my opinion.

OP
OP
soomrox

soomrox

First Name
Imran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And I’m also stressing on if I should have the gloss black on the exterior mirrors instead of all body color. I went back and forth, and I want to keep my frozen berry “wowing” but I also don’t want it to look too washed out so I have the gloss black on the wheels and window trim. Almost every frozen berry pic I see has the gloss black ext mirror trim. Ugh I could second guess this forever!

Sorry if I’m hijacking! :)
I am personally going for
Side Window Trims in Black (high-gloss)
Door handles painted in black (high-gloss)
Exterior Mirror Lower Trims painted in Exterior Colour including Mirror Base painted in Black (high-gloss) to give it a proper unified look
I believe the Electric charging cover opener is in black high gloss.
So they all should look great

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I would definitely spec the matrix lights. Being able to essentially have the high beams on all the time is literally a life saver during the winter months.

I'm not sure how common these chargers are in the UK, but the 22 kW AC charger has saved me a few times where I could leave at a full charge instead of having to stop at a fast charger later. At home, the 11 kW charger is absolutely sufficient, however.

The VLC roof is pretty gimmicky, same with the passenger display, so while they are cool, I would suggest prioritising something else if you're on a budget. For example more of the extended leather packages.
You don't require matrix lights for that - PDLS+ (is the controlling function) is an option on standard LED lights.

We have a fair few 22kW EVSEs but the business case / cost justification to option the onboard 22kW AC charger doesn't stack up for most people. DC charging is preferred (any speed) and standard 11kW AC onboard charger is perfect for home overnight charging as you mention.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I thought the Acoustically insulated laminated reduces the outside noise. Is this not your experience? I drive on the motorway and at high speeds the wind noise can get annoying. Will this not help? or is it waste of money?
It won't stop wind noise per se nor will it address tyre roar from the floor / arches. Personally, not a necessary option.

Car is quiet as standard.
Sponsored