CT4 fast enough?

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
Reading the forum threads the majority votes are for CT4 over CT4S. However I am curios if the current CT4 owners regret not going for CT4S or vice versa CT4S owners think the added speed improvements are worth the approx. 18k USD price difference.
Sponsored

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Reading the forum threads the majority votes are for CT4 over CT4S. However I am curios if the current CT4 owners regret not going for CT4S or vice versa CT4S owners think the added speed improvements are worth the approx. 18k USD price difference.
I think it's more like a $12k difference when you consider the options outside of power in both.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I drove a CT4 and a sedan 4S which pushed me to get the CT4S. The CT4 is no slouch at all. I wanted a car with comparable performance to my previous cars, so I ended up with a 4S. Just personal preference. Drive them to compare them.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The CT4 is faster then either of your vehicles listed on your info. We picked up my wife's CT4 on Friday and the car has plenty of power. The power is instant, no ramp up, so it feels a lot faster then previous cars we have had with similar HP/TQ rating. We test drove an S and in day to day driving I would hard press to notice a difference during driving at speed. Off the line the S will be slightly fast (~.5 seconds), but at speed, trap times are similar for both cars. This is not like going between a base and an S on a 992.

OP
OP

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
I drove a CT4 and a sedan 4S which pushed me to get the CT4S. The CT4 is no slouch at all. I wanted a car with comparable performance to my previous cars, so I ended up with a 4S. Just personal preference. Drive them to compare them.
Unfortunately no taycans available at dealership anywhere near to test drive :(

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I am not sure if there are any options I would care to add though :)
That’s fair. It depends on how one values those options. I recommend checking on the differences cause they aren’t small.

OP
OP

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
That’s fair. It depends on how one values those options. I recommend checking on the differences cause they aren’t small.
I am probably missing some key feature here, but when I configure both the trims with options that I want the difference remains about 17+k between the two models. Any options you would recommend I look at? Thanks!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I am probably missing some key feature here, but when I configure both the trims with options that I want the difference remains about 17+k between the two models. Any options you would recommend I look at? Thanks!
The 4s has pdls + headlights as standard, that is a 1200 euro option. And also red brake calipers and silver window trim.

I was also between a 4 and a 4s. Couldn’t test the 4 but I tested a RWD. And that was quick. I come from an X5 45e. First test was with a 4s. I didn’t test it again not to get tempted. I known it is faster but I didn’t want to pay 20.000 euro more for 1 second.

I spent more on some options I wouldn’t have taken. Looking at my current driving style I don’t need the 4s. I travel a lot with my family in the car. And I would appreciate more options more in day to day driving that winning a red light sprint once in a while.

If I had 20.000 and didn’t know what to do with it I would have gone for the 4s. But that is not the case.

A 4s with lots of options is close to a gts st but I prefer the comfort oriented settings and hight of the CT.

Last edited:

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. I ended up getting a 4S because of allocation availability at the dealer closer to my house. I was first in queue for 4SCT but will be 5th if it's for 4CT. And, I can only stay in one queue. To not wait too long and to not feel worried if 4CT's power is enough, I decided to get 4S.

If I decide to buy now, I would get a 4CT but my order 4S CT order is frozen and don't want to change.

P.S. One of the reasons I felt 4CT power might not be enough was because I've driven EVs only for the most part of my driving life. So, I'm already used to the EVs instant torque.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMO, there are more than enough power in CT4, so my vote goes (and went) to CT4.
I spent almost 50k€ for "add-ons", then get some discount(s), ended at 142k€... and I do not regret my decision.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
IMO, there are more than enough power in CT4, so my vote goes (and went) to CT4.
I spent almost 50k€ for "add-ons", then get some discount(s), ended at 142k€... and I do not regret my decision.
I am still waiting for my 4CT and can still make some changes. What options did you take?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I am still waiting for my 4CT and can still make some changes. What options did you take?
Lots of them :whew:
Olea leather, 21" CT design wheels, sport package (w compass), PTV, PDCC, RWS, heated wheels (and seats), 4+1 seats (should skip), Bose, passenger's display, cross-country (should skip as well), matrix lights, airbags for rear seats, comfort access, 19kwh mobile charger, heat pump, night vision, lane change, surround view, adaptive cruise control, panoramic roof, insulated privacy glass,...

... forgot ambient lights (actually didn't know that outside under th door lights are part of that)...

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Lots of them :whew:
Olea leather, 21" CT design wheels, sport package (w compass), PTV, PDCC, RWS, heated wheels (and seats), 4+1 seats (should skip), Bose, passenger's display, cross-country (should skip as well), matrix lights, airbags for rear seats, comfort access, 19kwh mobile charger, heat pump, night vision, lane change, surround view, adaptive cruise control, panoramic roof, insulated privacy glass,...

... forgot ambient lights (actually didn't know that outside under th door lights are part of that)...
I chose 20 inch wheels. And didn’t take PTV+ and pdcc. And just downgraded olea to full leather.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
I've driven both fairly extensively and ordered a CT4 - it's arriving tomorrow

In my mind it comes down to aesthetics, personal driving style, usage and budget.
I'm more than happy in the UK with the substantial power of the CT4, driving the CT4s was amazing too and so fast !!
I arrived at a spec. and a look that I'm happy with and in budget so for me not spending another 20% for more power & speed that I didn't really want was a comfortable decision.
However, these are sports cars and I fully understand why other drivers want the S, turbo and Turbo S - they are awesome - safe driving all and enjoy.
Sponsored