ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
I am seriously thinking of getting the @redshift-performance Redshift tune for my turbo S Taycan and wanted some preliminary times.

Had a real hard time getting my Draggy to get good satellite locks but I used the rear windshield and finally got it to work.

So here are my pre tuned times, Redshift should hook me up so I can post some tuned times 😂😂

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-202240 (1)

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-202216

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-202249

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-202258

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
SOC was between 90 and 96%, AC off

Next would be repeating the same tests with the Redshift tune. Now that they have a way of doing this without sending in your ecu, I am more interested in doing it

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Very good times
What's your 0-60 and 60-130mph?

You should be at 10 to 9.9 with the Redshift tune
My trap speed is 132mph on an RS E-Tron GT which is a Taycan Turbo

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Very good times
What's your 0-60 and 60-130mph?

You should be at 10 to 9.9 with the Redshift tune
My trap speed is 132mph on an RS E-Tron GT which is a Taycan Turbo
My 60-130 is in the graphs above. 7.42-7.55 seconds between the 4 runs

I'm attaching my four 0-60 runs here. The last run posted was a 2.53 second run but was invalid due to slope (same spot as the three posted here but oh well)

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-205631

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-205640

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-205646

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-224907

mikedivincent

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
SOC was between 90 and 96%, AC off

Next would be repeating the same tests with the Redshift tune. Now that they have a way of doing this without sending in your ecu, I am more interested in doing it
Does the Redfin tune impact any other SW in the car (we know SW is not the cars strength)?

stormrider762

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S PB+
Country flag
Following with interest as I would like to do the Redshift tune myself

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
thanks for the rear windshield suggestion on Draggy-i have to try that. I have a Turbo S and did a pre and post Redshift Draggies, but they all are invalid due to low satelites. I must say that not even after the upgrade did i see a 10.33 at 131. I saw a 10.5 at 129. The battery was at 80% and battery temp at about 85 F.
What year is your TS?
Can you take a picture how you mounted the Draggy in the rear windshield and share please?

MurfPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo / Jaguar i-Pace
Country flag
thanks for the rear windshield suggestion on Draggy-i have to try that. I have a Turbo S and did a pre and post Redshift Draggies, but they all are invalid due to low satelites. I must say that not even after the upgrade did i see a 10.33 at 131. I saw a 10.5 at 129. The battery was at 80% and battery temp at about 85 F.
What year is your TS?
Can you take a picture how you mounted the Draggy in the rear windshield and share please?
Hello! Are u happy with the redshift boost? I'm thinking of making the upgrade as well but wanna hear more thoughts about it! Thanks

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
Hello! Are u happy with the redshift boost? I'm thinking of making the upgrade as well but wanna hear more thoughts about it! Thanks
yes, i am happy but not for the performance improvement which is not significant on Turbo S, but for the fact that i don't have to do the stupid break/accelerator pedal hold to activate full power.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
yes, i am happy but not for the performance improvement which is not significant on Turbo S, but for the fact that i don't have to do the stupid break/accelerator pedal hold to activate full power.
Your benefit for the Turbo and Turbo S is when you're not in launch control and your 60-130mph which drastically improves.

You should be at 135mph on the 1/4 after the upgrade

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Better grip off the line for the 0 to 60mph. Lowered my tire pressure to 36psi from mid 40s. Also drove around in the 100 plus degrees Texas heat to warm up the tires before launching.

For the quarter mile, if you look at the old draggy I posted (attached here), I braked at the very end due to coming up on unexpected traffic. Low trap speed and drop in acceleration on the draggy screenshot (circled and underlined in red)

I did also note that my times have been mildly faster and more consistent with proper satellite locks from draggy. That's something I've noticed over the years with several other draggy units I've owned (I'm on my 4th draggy now due to loosing two, battery not holding a charge on one and simply wanting the new generation when the drg70, came out).

I ran a 10.3 in my M8 earlier this year and 10.4 in my E63s a year and half ago playing with tire pressures and testing out different launches on the different cars. So you can say I'm a drag racing aficionado 😂😂

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240610-065830
Sponsored

Last edited: